Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Milwaukee looking like is the better team, and if no matter what the Detroit Pistons don't get their heads out of their butts do, this Series will be over in a few days.

??
    I hope you don't mind me doing a little editing there.

Comment

• You just don't expect a guy to not mature. He's just a mental midget with a child's mentality. He could dominate but he just wastes a lot of time not putting himself in position to be more effective. Big ben was what, 6'8" and he played bigger then Drummond does.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Ben Wallace was a great Piston but he was of that era, he wouldn't have a spot in today's league. He would be exposed more than Drummond is in this matchup. Andre Drummond is younger than any year in which you saw Ben Wallace in a Piston uniform. Plus those Pistons won a title, so it glosses over some of the quirks of Ben Wallace.

Andre Drummond may not be that guy, but in today's league that type of player can't be the guy. You need players around him. He is what he is, a great rebounder who can get a lot of dunks and provide defense in certain situations. But if you have a stretch 5 on the opposition its a bad matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I hope you don't mind me doing a little editing there.
          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• None of these games have even been mildly competitive. Forfeit Game 4 and save everyone further embarrassment.

Comment

• Ya, it's a major clusterfuck. I was personally hoping to miss the playoffs and take the 1% lotto odds at Zion.

This purgatory has been going on for a decade.

What's also sad is they are just not fun to watch. Just a bad, bad team full of below average talent across the board.

Comment

• Gores has been desperately building this team to fight for the 8-seed, and he's been doing it since he took over.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Andre Drummond may not be that guy, but in today's league that type of player can't be the guy. You need players around him. He is what he is, a great rebounder who can get a lot of dunks and provide defense in certain situations. But if you have a stretch 5 on the opposition its a bad matchup.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    Gores has been desperately building this team to fight for the 8-seed, and he's been doing it since he took over.
                    Very true...They have dealt #1 draft picks and never really went to a full rebuild to try and make it anything other than a mediocre team.

Comment

• They don't need a forfeit, they need to get embarassed. That game 3 was truly awful. You can't play 82 games and look like stangers on defense. The Bucks are good, but not this good, its basically Giannis and a bunch of spare parts that were available to everyone in the league.

My hope is the new front office sees the futility and does something.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        They don't need a forfeit, they need to get embarassed. That game 3 was truly awful. You can't play 82 games and look like stangers on defense. The Bucks are good, but not this good, its basically Giannis and a bunch of spare parts that were available to everyone in the league.

My hope is the new front office sees the futility and does something.
                        If the first three embarrassments didn't show the new front office anything, a fourth non-showing isn't going to do it, either.

We have seen all we need to see.
                        Last edited by chemiclord; April 22, 2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Perhaps, but I'll stand by my point. The boo birds need to serenade this team if we see that piss poor performance.

Comment

• I'd just have the boo birds sit this one out and watch it from the bar. Empty arena seats should take care of the effect.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Thank God that's over.

Now time to draft a non-difference maker in the middle of the round and continue their stay in NBA Purgatory! What slow, ineffective small forward or shooting guard are they gonna draft this year? Stay tuned!

Comment

• It's a shame that the Pistons, Red Wings, and Tigers are irrelevant and the Lions are the best choice for any possibility of getting a Championship any time soon.
                                "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X