Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly

Comment

• Well Lebron finally gets AD and the Lakers have 28-32 million under the cap to sign another star. Being that Lonzo went in the trade I would think they'll target Kemba. The Lakers just became a favorite to win next year

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The trick for New Orphans will be identifying the 4th player in this year's 3 player draft
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Vegas jumped LAL to the favorite at 7:2

Comment

• Those pick swaps in 2023 and 2025 could haunt the Lakers. I know AD is a total stud, but he's always irked me. He's soft and always hurt. He quit on NO with 1.5 years on his deal. Insane talent, but there's always been something off with him. He will make numerous exits with the trainers during games and not come back. You can really disrupt him when you play physical with him.

Comment

• In 7 seasons he's played more than 70 games TWICE. Good luck getting 100 games out of him in a Finals run.

Comment

• Maybe so but they got one of the games best players for pennies on the dollars right now.

The pick swaps could make it interesting.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It could be the Brooklyn/Boston trade. There's no protections on those pick swaps. That's 4 and 6 years from now on the swaps. Who the hell knows what could happen by then.

3 first rounders and two pick swaps. And that kills any potential LA future 1st rounders they can trade. Even those late 1st can get you a Mirotic or quality player at the deadline. They really gave up the future for one year of Davis.

oh ya, btw, Davis said he will become a FA next year. He could leave next year if the situation sours. I get making the move for a win now with a 34 year old LBJ in a wide open league, but they gave up a ton. A ton.

I'm assuming the extra picks and swaps came into play for LA keeping Kuzma. He's a really good scorer. Quite a haul for NO. Rumors are they will flip the #4 pick this year for more assets.

Comment

• Davis is there because he's Rich Paul guy. The chance of him leaving is nil.

The Lakers are going to be formidable, but it's a play against time. How much longer is Lebron going to be Lebron? He has been the extreme outlier of health over his career, last year was his first real injury and he's logged minutes that the league hasn't been seen. There has been no comparable player that has logged that many minutes the way he has. Eventually you pay the piper.

As it is, right now they don't have the space to go after another max player unless Davis waives his trade kicker and the Pelicans force the trade to be made July 6th. So even if that changes and you get Kemba Walker you would have 4 guys with LBJ, Davis, Walker and Kuzma. The only chip you would have left is the MLE to sign one or two other guys. It is a tall ask to fill out the rest of the roster with league minimum guys. When Lebron went to the Lakers the thought was he was wanting to go to a situation that is less taxing, but with such a thin lineup he would have to play a lot of minutes. Over two or three seasons you can build with MLE and LLE signings when you are capped out. In season 2 you could add more but the James is another season older.

Comment

• Parody guys, parody.

Lakers are one AD injury away from being screwed for years. But hey, if it works, they are immediately a playoff team. Usually the super teams take more than a year of playing with each other to win a championship... excluding Boston.
                        Last edited by Cody_Russell; June 17, 2019, 09:44 AM.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• One of the problems with assembling a super team is the pieces don't always fit. For the Heat Chris Bosh had to change his game. Cleveland trading for Kevin Love after getting Lebron and he had to change his game because Lebron and Love had too much overlap. Love pretty much became a spacer on the corner. Boston worked because Allen, Pierce and Garnett didn't have to change anything, there was no real overlap in their games. Plus they weren't ball dominant players and had a good distributing point guard in Rondo.

I wonder how it fits with Davis and Lebron. As he has aged James has become less of a 3 and more of a 4 and in this NBA he should play 5 sometimes. They are so good it won't matter in the regular season, but come playoff time does it work.

Comment

• Completely agree with that.

With the draft in 4 days, are there any strong opinions about the Pistons 1st Round Pick (15th overall)?
                            Draft seems deep. Wish there were more good PGs around #15, but Garland, Morant, and White will be gone.... probably have to go BPA because the Pistons long term roster is so weak.
                            No idea who, specifically.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              One of the problems with assembling a super team is the pieces don't always fit. For the Heat Chris Bosh had to change his game. Cleveland trading for Kevin Love after getting Lebron and he had to change his game because Lebron and Love had too much overlap. Love pretty much became a spacer on the corner. Boston worked because Allen, Pierce and Garnett didn't have to change anything, there was no real overlap in their games. Plus they weren't ball dominant players and had a good distributing point guard in Rondo.

I wonder how it fits with Davis and Lebron. As he has aged James has become less of a 3 and more of a 4 and in this NBA he should play 5 sometimes. They are so good it won't matter in the regular season, but come playoff time does it work.
                              I suspect James feels come playoff time he can crank it up and play the 3/4 tweener better than anyone in the world like he used to.

Until he can't, I'm going to believe he can.

Comment

• I'm sure that's true, but is it enough? He has been able to get far with bad role players, but generally when he runs into a team with good depth his teams have lost. At this point I take Kawhi over him for that position.

Comment

Working...
                                X