Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yeah, but Sherman's 6'3". You can be a bit mor forgiving when you have that type of physical presence.

    If he's a low 4.6 guy instead of a 4.7 guy it should be fine.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      Future Lions favorite, if not already:

      Tabor on personal motivation - YouTube
      Thanks for the link, Cody. I subscribed to that youtube channel since the Lions never post stuff on there.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

      Comment


      • Calvin Johnson didn’t like how the Lions treated him when he retired

        Michael David Smith
        ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports•May 20, 2017, 2:12 PM

        One of the greatest players in Lions franchise history doesn’t feel great about the franchise now.

        Calvin Johnson, the wide receiver who retired a year ago, said today that he’s not thinking about having his number retired and isn’t thinking much about the Lions at all these days.

        “I don’t even like to talk Lions too much just because the way our relationship ended,” Johnson told the Detroit Free Press. “If they see me around here, we’ll see. But hey, I don’t know. I just didn’t feel like I was treated the way I should have been treated on the way out. That’s all. I mean, it’s all good. I’m not tripping. I don’t feel any kind of way, just hey, that’s what they did. Hey, it is what is.”

        Asked to elaborate on how he was mistreated, Johnson declined.

        “I mean, it’s simple,” he said. “It’s simple. It’s easy when you think about it.”

        Johnson may be referring to the Lions’ decision to force Johnson to re-pay part of his signing bonus when he retired with a year left on his contract. When a player retires with time left on his contract, teams are allowed to require him to pay back a prorated portion of his signing bonus. But teams sometimes waive that right as a gesture of goodwill toward a valued member of the franchise. Johnson may have felt slighted when the Lions told him he had to pay up.
        Last edited by Panoptes; May 23rd, 2017, 12:20 AM.
        SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
        Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

        Comment


        • Fucking Stafford!
          Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

          Comment


          • LOL at the Stafford.

            Super interesting coming from CJ. That is the ONLY negative thing I heard from his camp over his career. NFL is a business and he walked away on his terms early.

            Det made him rich and would have paid him 24 million to play another year. I wish I knew what Detroit did to their only star that bothered him so much.
            AAL - Glover Quinn

            Comment


            • Who cares about Megatron.
              He never won a playoff game and always got curb-stomped in Transformers movies by Shia LaBeouf.
              Go Detroit Lions!

              Comment


              • Yep, and his pass rush and linebacker play sucked. Zero tackles for loss.
                Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

                Comment


                • It is extremely disappointing to read these comments by C.J. who is otherwise a class act. It is completely unreasonable for him to launch an accusation against the Lions of unfair treatment while being completely vague regarding what that treatment specifically was. (His ambiguousness certainly was not to protect his former employer as if that was the case he would not have mentioned it in the first place.)

                  His comments come off as being petty and immature, which are not traits you historically assign to C.J. Because of that I'm going to consider this a momentary lapse of character and I will still hold him in high regard despite this misstep.

                  AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

                  Comment


                  • I disagree. I think the reporter was trying to make a big thing out of something CJ said that was nothing, a reporter wanting a scoop. Sort of a comment on what we all knew.... The Fords are assholes, whatever.

                    CJ being real, maybe too late in using his filter, and being a real dude in a conversation - cuz it is all behind him and he doesn't give a shit.

                    CJ is a class act.

                    BTW, so was Barry.
                    Last edited by dpatnod; May 21st, 2017, 02:18 AM.
                    Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

                    Comment


                    • I hope the Lions follow up on this. Regardless of what he feels slighted on he obviously does. The Lions need to continue to develop a different culture and having all time greats not wanting to be around the organization isn't fantastic.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

                      Comment


                      • And of course this matters to the Fords because........ ?????

                        Last edited by dpatnod; May 21st, 2017, 02:25 AM.
                        Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          I don’t even like to talk Lions too much just because the way our relationship ended,” Johnson told the Detroit Free Press. “If they see me around here, we’ll see. But hey, I don’t know. I just didn’t feel like I was treated the way I should have been treated on the way out. That’s all. I mean, it’s all good. I’m not tripping. I don’t feel any kind of way, just hey, that’s what they did. Hey, it is what is.”
                          None of that can be true. Quote; "The way I should've been treated..." ? He was offered 24 million Fucking dollars for one year. He was treated with masses of respect.

                          And if he said the sentence in bold, then he can get the fuck out of Detroit. Personally I'd rather the Lions sucked until WW3 than have people saying sentences like that. "I'm not tripping?" Fk off. "Hey, it is what it is." Double fk off.

                          Not believing any of it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            None of that can be true. Quote; "The way I should've been treated..." ? He was offered 24 million Fucking dollars for one year. He was treated with masses of respect.

                            And if he said the sentence in bold, then he can get the fuck out of Detroit. Personally I'd rather the Lions sucked until WW3 than have people saying sentences like that. "I'm not tripping?" Fk off. "Hey, it is what it is." Double fk off.

                            Not believing any of it.
                            Knowing how much of fantastic shitlords the Ford family CAN be... I am inclined to believe they did something that torqued CJ after he had decided that he was going to retire. Probably something that at the end of the day really meant nothing, but was still extremely rude and disrespectful.

                            Comment


                            • Well if the Fords actually did something to annoy CJ, then I'm sure that could work its way onto the online newspapers some day. But if it was something they said?...... then, YOU KNOW, they can shut their fucking bitch ass mouths!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Well if the Fords actually did something to annoy CJ, then I'm sure that could work its way onto the online newspapers some day. But if it was something they said?...... then, YOU KNOW, they can shut their fucking bitch ass mouths!
                                The entire debacle with Barry took years to fully flesh out exactly what happened, and even then there's still a lot of unsaid detail. Considering CJ is about as reserved as Barry was... we might be waiting just as long to get any sort of information.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X