X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
    Didn't know you could carry over......
    It's not all of it (in fact over all its barely any of it) but they have just recently allowed some of it through. It's to stop teams from adjusting a contract to eat dead cap through a "likely to be met incentive" that a player is unlikely to meet. What happens is the team gets nicked for it that year but if the player doesn't hit that, it gets added to the next years cap. I remember back in like 2006 or 2007 the Vikings got 7 million in cap back from gaming that.
    AAL-Nevin Lawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
      It's not all of it (in fact over all its barely any of it) but they have just recently allowed some of it through. It's to stop teams from adjusting a contract to eat dead cap through a "likely to be met incentive" that a player is unlikely to meet. What happens is the team gets nicked for it that year but if the player doesn't hit that, it gets added to the next years cap. I remember back in like 2006 or 2007 the Vikings got 7 million in cap back from gaming that.
      You're talking "phony bonuses". But in 2011 the NFL changed that. The Lions could carry the $25 mil and as long as they declared it by the end of the season, it would be added to next year's cap.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        You're talking "phony bonuses". But in 2011 the NFL changed that. The Lions could carry the $25 mil and as long as they declared it by the end of the season, it would be added to next year's cap.
        Damn. That would go a longs way to signing guys like Ziggy and Slay to long term deals.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Lions signed former 3rd round pick by the Titans Zaviar Gooden. He was listed as an inside linebacker, only started twice before being put on IR, then cut.
          Nacho says to Esqueleto:"Aren't you tired of getting dirt kicked in your face? I am. Don't you want a little taste of the glory, see what it taste's like?"

Comment

Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
            It's not all of it (in fact over all its barely any of it) but they have just recently allowed some of it through.
            what do you mean by this?

in 2015 the salary cap figure was 143M. The Jaguars had 21M carryover and have an adjusted cap of 168M. They could have spend nearly 25M more than some teams ... mind you for a single season.
            Forever One!

Comment

Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
              what do you mean by this?

in 2015 the salary cap figure was 143M. The Jaguars had 21M carryover and have an adjusted cap of 168M. They could have spend nearly 25M more than some teams ... mind you for a single season.
              Hmm I thought it was limited to 5-7 million not the whole kit.... Well then that completely erases the need to use the "likely to be met incentives" loophole.
              AAL-Nevin Lawson.

Comment

Wow. I didn't know that about the cap carry over but come to think of it... why would I? We're been right up against the cap since the beginning of time.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Lost in the shuffle :

Report: Lions pick up Ezekiel Ansah's fifth-year rookie option

He will make a salary of $12.7 million in 2017 according to CBS Sports.

How much will Stafford and Ansah make in 2017?
                  SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
                  Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    Lost in the shuffle :

Report: Lions pick up Ezekiel Ansah's fifth-year rookie option

He will make a salary of $12.7 million in 2017 according to CBS Sports.

How much will Stafford and Ansah make in 2017?
                    A quick Google search shows that Stafford will make $16.5 million next year and count $22 million against the cap.

Therefore, he and Ansah will make $29.2 million next year and count $34.7 million against the cap.

Of course, that is assuming that Stafford doesn't get a new contract. Next year is the final year of his deal, so there is a possibility that either the Lions negotiate an extension for him or they possibly go a different route at QB in 2018.
                    The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

Holy shit.. Really? I didn't know we were coming up on a contract year for Stafford.

Why the f#*k didn't we take a mid round Qb as a just in case?
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

ahh wait.. I read that wrong, he has 2 more years on his existing deal. Ok that's cool
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Also bear in mind that Stafford's wife or sister hasn't been running a countdown clock to the day Stafford gets to leave Detroit, and that he's already agreed to one extension and there's been no grumblings whatsoever that he's the slightest bit unhappy with his current career.

It seems safe to say that Stafford's going to be in a Lions' jersey for as long as the Lions want him to be and that money is not going to be an issue in the slightest.

Poor Gonz/DWT.

Comment

If the Lions were looking to replace Stafford when his contract expired, I think they would have made a qb a higher priority in the draft this year. The fact that they waited until the 6th round to take one makes me think that they most likely will extend him.
                            The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Also bear in mind that Stafford's wife or sister hasn't been running a countdown clock to the day Stafford gets to leave Detroit, and that he's already agreed to one extension and there's been no grumblings whatsoever that he's the slightest bit unhappy with his current career.

It seems safe to say that Stafford's going to be in a Lions' jersey for as long as the Lions want him to be and that money is not going to be an issue in the slightest.

Poor Gonz/DWT.
                              Never seen somebody so happy about being a loser - 60 years of futility guaranteed!!!! And you welcome it.
                              Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

Ahhhh, sweet suckitude.
                                Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

Comment

Working...
                                X