Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    I'm with you on the no excuses. That OL is built specifically for Stafford. A lot of us have been bitching for years to build him a wall and Quinn has done that. Its his job to make it work.

Give Stafford time in the pocket and let him work
    I doubt he improves stat wise. Hell I hope he declines in that area and the Lions run effectively and win more games. Things might get much easier for Stafford.
    AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
      SHOW me. Don't TELL me.

Every big $ FA to roll through DET says the same thing. Still crack up at Ngata saying the Lions D he was joining was now going to be the best he's ever been on. Hah
      He is still wrong but I would have liked to see it with a healthy Ansah. His old sack numbers and that conservative Defense would have looked different. You could say the same for Levy, but piss on Levy.

No way Ngata expected Hyder to lead in the sack department.
      AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• What is the thinking of the Lions fans?

Will Stafford get an extension before the start of the season? If so - what do you think the duration might be.

I'm thinking a five year deal? No idea on $$, but a 5 year extension.

Wadda ya think?
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Word on the street is it exceeds 100 mil
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I am still on record as saying sign him and pay him his 23 Mil or so a year. He is in his prime and the next contract will define his legacy. He is worth it, but was grossly overpaid his first 4 years in the league. That should have nothing to do with this next contract, it is the way things were in the NFL at that time.

Whatever number they agree on right now, will likely be fair, but viewed a bargain in two years.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              He is worth it, but was grossly overpaid his first 4 years in the league.
              All well said but for me this nails it
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• His unearned, hurried and poorly thought out extension still sticks in my craw. Now he's going to get another one.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• He deserves it
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• mediocrity comes at a high cost.

Comment

• Not in my opinion.

You can pull any still remaining FA QB and obtain the same no playoff victory history and save lots of $ while at it.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Not in my opinion.

You can pull any still remaining FA QB and obtain the same no playoff victory history and save lots of $ while at it.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Not in my opinion.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

He has already been invested in, and he now has a GM that might be able to put together an entire team.

His legacy will hang on his play during this next contract and the Lions have the advantage to retain his services and should see it through.

I am betting it will pay huge dividends.

Comment

• Come on MM how can you say that? Stafford has been at the helm of teams that great GMs like Matt Millen and Mayhew have put together. Those are Super Bowl caliber GMs right there gathering all the right coaches and players.

Its just the qb completely let us down.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

He has already been invested in, and he now has a GM that might be able to put together an entire team.

His legacy will hang on his play during this next contract and the Lions have the advantage to retain his services and should see it through.

I am betting it will pay huge dividends.
                              I'm betting it won't. You've been watching his game over the past 8 years. What is it about the talent around him that prevents HIM from making plays????? That's the problem, HE doesn't make plays to win games against talented teams. Never has, never will - he's the second coming of Scott Mitchell. To say that all he needs is better talent around him completely ignores that he has had really good talent around over the past 8 year. He's had one of the most dominant defense in the league, he's had some of the best receivers in the league to throw too - HE just doesn't get it done.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                                I'm betting it won't. You've been watching his game over the past 8 years. What is it about the talent around him that prevents HIM from making plays????? That's the problem, HE doesn't make plays to win games against talented teams. Never has, never will - he's the second coming of Scott Mitchell. To say that all he needs is better talent around him completely ignores that he has had really good talent around over the past 8 year. He's had one of the most dominant defense in the league, he's had some of the best receivers in the league to throw too - HE just doesn't get it done.
                                When a receiver or TE drops a ball in the endzone or redzone, it is not Staffords lack of ability to make a play but rather the receivers inability to make a play.

He has had good talent, I concur but, lack of redzone production is not entirely Staffords fault.

A stronger line that gives him a bit more time in the pocket will allow him to choose a target that might be successful instead of firing the first read because there is no time for a second read.

.......and he does need a better running game to be successful but, running the rock should not mean he has to do it in order to get positive yardage.

Comment

Working...
                                X