• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWT spotted at Lions tailgate:

[ame]https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/917041143141019648[/ame]
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
      drastically, as in less than 5% of his carries accounted for more than 33% of his total yards. Now consider that in term of effectiveness.

Picking a game at random. Randomly picked one from the 1994 season. Great running game, he had 166 yards on 20 carries. His one longest was 85 yards (Derrick Moore scored a TD after that run), next one was 21 yards, and then he had a 3rd for 15. So three carries counted for 121 yards. 15% of his carries counted for 73% of his yards. So what you say, why does that matter. Well, at most those three runs could factor in three drives, Detroit had ten drives in that game. That makes seven drive where Barry was not a factor. How effective is that. I know, you're going to pick apart what I said, but I challenge you to look-up a game at random yourself, and see how few drives Barry actually had an impact in the game, and then tell me that if you were building a team, the first thing you would look for to build on is a running back that factors on average two or three drives a game.

Nice threat theory - how did that playout in the playoffs? - to put in the immortal words of Ray Rhodes, "we didn't worry about Barry, he will get his yards but he won't hurt you"
      I see this post I think of Kathy Bates, and the poor Barry is James Caan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
        lol

Comment

• Scott Mitchell is better than Troy Aikman

Comment

• Troy Aikman didn't have to better than Scott Mitchell, he could count on Emmitt Smith - a luxury Mitchell never had.

Comment

• You don't gotta tell me twice.

I have joined your church.

Church of DWT.

Will engage any and all conversations w/ vague certainty. Prod when I have a potential disciple; vanish when held accountable.

This is probably the closest thing I'll ever get to witness in terms of an enjoyable cancer.

Comment

• Yawwwnnnn.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                  Troy Aikman didn't have to better than Scott Mitchell, he could count on Emmitt Smith - a luxury Mitchell never had.
                  Oddly enough it was the Lions beating the shit out of Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, Novachek, Moose and Co. that forced them to go get Charles Haley, and the rest was history. Went from a mid level defense to a top 5 defense after that, and the rest was gravy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                    Oddly enough it was the Lions beating the shit out of Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, Novachek, Moose and Co. that forced them to go get Charles Haley, and the rest was history. Went from a mid level defense to a top 5 defense after that, and the rest was gravy.
                    True that, but they remained a top tier Defense through th 99 season, yet they won thier last Super Bowl in 95, the last year Emmitt was highly productive. He had 25 td's in 95. In 1996 his TD production dropped to 12, he never had more than 13 after the 95 season. As a matter of fact, after the 95 season, they won just one more playoff game in the 90's. How Emmitt went so did the Cowboys.
                    Last edited by dwt1; October 8, 2017, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• But he wasn't as good as you know, like Barry.
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Arguing with dwt on anything..
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Arguing with dwt on anything..
                          Because the only thing you bring to the discussion is your dick in your hand.

Comment

• Haha, I am sure dwt is taking great joy this weekend. His Lions lost and Stafford took a pummeling.

Comment

• Haha.....I am sure you're still stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Haha, I am sure dwt is taking great joy this weekend. His Lions lost and Stafford took a pummeling.
                                So sad, yet so true.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X