Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
    Yes, and as we can see that led to multiple division championships, playoff wins, and Superbowl appearances
    Ironically, because we had a long line of garbage under center.

Now, the Lions have something actually resembling a Top 10 signal caller, and the fans want to run him out of town for "someone else."

Comment

• Great point chemiclord, that is something a newbie like wcfwtf fails to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Great points FS, what we saw with Barry Sanders was they would load up to stop him, freeing up the passing game. We always heard about 8 men in the box then, not now.
        Bullshit, that is a total rewrite of history, it became widely known that the way to stop Detroit was to put maximum pressure on Mithchel - he couldn?t handle it. As Ray Rhodes said, Barry will get his yards but it won?t hurt you.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Ironically, because we had a long line of garbage under center.

Now, the Lions have something actually resembling a Top 10 signal caller, and the fans want to run him out of town for "someone else."
          Top, what a fucking crock. Top 15 maybe.

Comment

Great points FS, what we saw with Barry Sanders was they would load up to stop him, freeing up the passing game. We always heard about 8 men in the box then, not now.
            Oh and, FS is not grounded in reality either - Carolina forte is pass rush and that is what they did, you act like Brees wasn?t under a lot of pressure. Did you watch the game? They blitz quite a bit and there was a lot of scrambling going on in that back field.

Comment

• Squirrel!

And Derrick Henry's 156 yards were irrelevant. Believe me.
              Last edited by dpatnod; January 9, 2018, 11:35 PM.
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                Oh and, FS is not grounded in reality either - Carolina forte is pass rush and that is what they did, you act like Brees wasn?t under a lot of pressure. Did you watch the game? They blitz quite a bit and there was a lot of scrambling going on in that back field.
                Actually, Carolina was 3rd in rushing defense this year and 15th in passing defense. It was much easier to throw than run on them.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Great point chemiclord, that is something a newbie like wcfwtf fails to understand.
                  At the end of this discussion, I don't think anyone here is "married" to Stafford. I, for one, have no problem with replacing him with someone better or even a lateral move if the guy provides a skill set more in line with what the coaching staff is looking for.

But give us a fucking name. Who are we replacing Stafford with? This is the question the Hater's Club refuses to answer. Because they can't, and they know it. They're just lashing out in frustration at the biggest paycheck on the roster, just like fans did against Barry all those years back.

Comment

• And Calvin.

Getting rid of a guy you see as a #1b type of guy may have you end up with a #3. So SOL

And it's lazy thinking. Everyone is expendable. Let's rid ourselves of them all. Ain't I smart? I'm smarter then you. That'll fix it!
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                      Actually, Carolina was 3rd in rushing defense this year and 15th in passing defense. It was much easier to throw than run on them.
                      That’s great, I didn’t say anything about pass defense I said pass rush. Carolina was also 3rd in QB sacks this year. Apparently it’s possible to defend the run and pressure the QB too.

But let’s get back to the specifics, FS makes a claim that Brees has it somewhat easy because Carolina focused on stopping the run, though he offered absolutely no proof to that claim. Of course, some on this forum thought it was a good point. Of course, for that analysis to be true, you’d have to then assume Carolina’s DC is a complete fucking moron, that he would develop a game plan that give of all QBs in the league - give Drew Brees a pass. A QB if given time will carve your heart out. But never mind that, there certainly must be real proof that the claim is accurate. I mean after all they played the game. I mean I made the claim Brees did in fact play under pressure. Do you have any real facts of the game or do you only have thier season stats to prove the point. BTW if I recall correctly, the announcers discussed saometime in the late third or early fourth that Brees had been pressured 10 times and hit eight times - I believe he’d been sacked by then too.
                      Last edited by dwt1; January 10, 2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• I thought I saw a wicked burn on me here this morning, but it's gone. Something about being a two-year old.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• In their previous meeting in week 13, Kamara and Ingram combined for 145 rushing yards, 103 receiving yards, and 3 rushing touchdowns. So maybe that was the initial focus of the game plan going into the wild card game. Stop Ingram and Kamara.

Not that it really mattered, New Orleans' offense was more talented and diverse than Carolina's defense.
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Pretty sure Crappy Carolina lost, so wtf?

Oh, well then..... if Brees got sacked.... then Carolina is clearly the better team, and running game is irrelevent.

Go Panthers!
                            Last edited by dpatnod; January 10, 2018, 03:01 PM.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Plus, this means we can just roll with Artoose or whoever it is we have currently at RB next year!
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                                In their previous meeting in week 13, Kamara and Ingram combined for 145 rushing yards, 103 receiving yards, and 3 rushing touchdowns. So maybe that was the initial focus of the game plan going into the wild card game. Stop Ingram and Kamara.

Not that it really mattered, New Orleans' offense was more talented and diverse than Carolina's defense.
                                If you go in with a game plan of let’s stop the run and make Brees beat us, you will lose. There is not a DC in the NFL who doesn’t know that.

And it’s not like NO had a dominant run game in that first either. Yes they had 148 yards, Ingram had 85 yards over 14 carries. 72 of yards came on one run, the other 13 carries netted 13 yards. Kamara had 60 yards with 9 carries. 45 of those on 4 carries - in other words on 5 runs mounted to anything.
                                Last edited by dwt1; January 10, 2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X