Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
    if Quinn is smart he'll offer Stafford an incentive laden contract. Money for playoff wins, all pro selections, not just a replacement 6 alternative to the exhibition game called the pro bowl, etc.

Going to be an interesting year or two for the puuddy cats

Will the REAL Matthew Stafford please stand up, or sit your ass down, and put us fans out of our misery

And please no incentives for useless stats
    He has stood up

Comment

Honestly, considering his draft status, and his inconsistent play on the field I don't know why he garnishes so much loyalty.

Is it because he was the QB with 1 great year and got them to the playoffs?

Is it because the past QB's have sucked so much?

Or is it because he is blonde haired and blue eyed?
      It's not about loyalty, it's about the dumbass's on this forum who hate me because I don't share their opinion. In order to make themselves feel better about themselves, they have to oppose my opinion to the point of giving undying support to a loser.

Saw the same thing with those who didn't like my opinion on Harrington.

Comment

Honestly, considering his draft status, and his inconsistent play on the field I don't know why he garnishes so much loyalty.

Is it because he was the QB with 1 great year and got them to the playoffs?

Is it because the past QB's have sucked so much?

Or is it because he is blonde haired and blue eyed?
        Well he really has had two good years. Last year from ever calculation you can have outside wins he had a good year. So you have 2011 and 2015. In 2014 he played very conservative per Lombardi, did do anything wrong and they had their best year in two decades. So you in 5 seasons as a full time starter he has had 3 good years, and two different levels of crappy years.

The biggest reason for the Loyalty to Stafford though is alternatives. There hasn't been any alternatives to Stafford that haven't required a massive leap in faith for the Lions to make a move. It's really easy as DimWiT has found to say we need another alternative to Stafford. It's much harder to actually find one. Till then just getting rid of Stafford because he isn't "the one" is really really stupid. It's a one way ticket back to the bottom of the order.
        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
          It's not about loyalty, it's about the dumbass's on this forum who hate me because I don't share their opinion. In order to make themselves feel better about themselves, they have to oppose my opinion to the point of giving undying support to a loser.

Saw the same thing with those who didn't like my opinion on Harrington.
          We don't like you because you are an idoit without a clue. You sound like the bum on the corner of a street yelling about end of days. You can never support your opinions with any really factual support but Pat yourself on the back because well, you know you are right.

The funny part is that if you weren't such an unbending dick, well you would have more people agreeing with you. For one I do agree with you that Stafford has shown that he doesn't have "it" or enough of "it" to be a long term successful QB for us. That by not having a better QB it will be harder to win a Superbowl. Most people here can agree with that. What they don't agree with is that 7-9 is as bad as 3-13. That we need a new QB now so badly that it's worth throwing season after season till we find "the one".
          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Maybe I'll leave this here too.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew"]Gloom, Despair & Agony... - YouTube[/ame]
            Apathetic No More.

Comment

Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
              We don't like you because you are an idoit without a clue. You sound like the bum on the corner of a street yelling about end of days. You can never support your opinions with any really factual support but Pat yourself on the back because well, you know you are right.

The funny part is that if you weren't such an unbending dick, well you would have more people agreeing with you. For one I do agree with you that Stafford has shown that he doesn't have "it" or enough of "it" to be a long term successful QB for us. That by not having a better QB it will be harder to win a Superbowl. Most people here can agree with that. What they don't agree with is that 7-9 is as bad as 3-13. That we need a new QB now so badly that it's worth throwing season after season till we find "the one".
              And the attacks begin - haters have to hate - worst part you guys aren't even original.

Dude - forumites did the same thing when I pointed out Joey Fucking Harrington sucked - shit fucking Gonzy still defends him to this day.

Funny part is that you have never tired of the 58 years of the same old excuses on why the Lions can't win.
              Last edited by dwt1; May 5, 2016, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Gonz thinks the Lions ruined Joey. There is a difference even he agreed that he was broken before he left the Lions.

Like I said there isn't a bit of compromise with you which makes it hard to communicate. Look you want Stafford gone, I am sure many agree with you. I too want a better QB than Stafford. But you still need a decent QB to win games, specially on a team like the Lions. That is what Stafford is a decent QB.

It isn't worth throwing away any chance of even limited success if the results of letting go of Stafford means year after year of being at the bottom of the League looking for the it QB. It took 50 years for the Lions to be in spot and have the luck (if limited) to get a QB of Stafford's level. Look at the Browns they have been grabbing QBs for two decades now and still haven't even hit on a Stafford caliber QB.

So it's simple you don't look forward at a position for the future if completely kills the success of the team now. Just imagine you were the GM, would you really let go of Stafford because it was the "right thing to do", if it meant that you know you would be fired after the next year when you went 3-13 both years?
                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Joey cried his millions to the bank......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Is that where he is doing his lounge act these days?
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Gonz thinks the Lions ruined Joey. There is a difference even he agreed that he was broken before he left the Lions.

Like I said there isn't a bit of compromise with you which makes it hard to communicate. Look you want Stafford gone, I am sure many agree with you. I too want a better QB than Stafford. But you still need a decent QB to win games, specially on a team like the Lions. That is what Stafford is a decent QB.

It isn't worth throwing away any chance of even limited success if the results of letting go of Stafford means year after year of being at the bottom of the League looking for the it QB. It took 50 years for the Lions to be in spot and have the luck (if limited) to get a QB of Stafford's level. Look at the Browns they have been grabbing QBs for two decades now and still haven't even hit on a Stafford caliber QB.

So it's simple you don't look forward at a position for the future if completely kills the success of the team now. Just imagine you were the GM, would you really let go of Stafford because it was the "right thing to do", if it meant that you know you would be fired after the next year when you went 3-13 both years?
                      2016 GOLDEN KEYBOARD lock!!!
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

Dude, it's simple PROVE ME WRONG - EXCUSES AREN'T PROOF.

And you're example about Cleveland - absolutely right, and the Lions are no closer to winning a Super Bowl than Cleveland is. Oh and why do you stop at Cleveland, they are the extreme, but there are other teams who have tried multiple QBs and have hit on success. Carolina drafted QB #1 two years in a row.

BTW, Detroit has had plenty of QB's over the last 50 years who couldn't win a playoff game, Stafford ISN'T special.

Comment

Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                          Dude, it's simple PROVE ME WRONG - EXCUSES AREN'T PROOF.

And you're example about Cleveland - absolutely right, and the Lions are no closer to winning a Super Bowl than Cleveland is. Oh and why do you stop at Cleveland, they are the extreme, but there are other teams who have tried multiple QBs and have hit on success. Carolina drafted QB #1 two years in a row.

BTW, Detroit has had plenty of QB's over the last 50 years who couldn't win a playoff game, Stafford ISN'T special.
                          I don't have to prove anything the Lions keeping Stafford prove my point. As for Carolina they performed so badly with the first QB that they were in a lucky position to pick Cam. But I doubt a single player or coach was happy they did so badly they they got to pick Cam. The colts are mostly happy having Luck. But do you really think they were happy to go what was it 2-14 or something? Happy that they pretty much were forced to let go of a HoF QB?

So answer my question. You have a job that only 32 people at any given people can fill at a time. You have a family that you moved across the country. You have a QB that can lead the team to the playoffs, but unlikely to win a playoff game. You know you could do better if given the time. Would you cut that QB, knowing that there is a 90% chance you are fired within 2 year specifically because you cut that QB? Knowing it could be decades before you have a chance at that job again?

If the Lions went 2-14 this year the decision is easy. They would have a top spot to pick another top QB. But you don't pay 100million in salaries to throw away the season to get top pick on purpose.
                          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

I'd go further and say you don't throw away games at the end of the season for a better draft pick, but that's not in line with the current discussion.
                            ------------
                            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

See.... you are trying to use reason and logic.
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ken View Post
                                you know this thread will be killed in a few, just saying.
                                Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X