Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stafford or Jimmy Garoppolo? lol...

Jimmy didn't get the same amount guaranteed, but his average per year is more.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryTheDeuce View Post
      Stafford or Jimmy Garoppolo? lol...

Jimmy didn't get the same amount guaranteed, but his average per year is more.
      Which basically invalidates any complaints that Stafford is getting paid too much, he just got a larger deal (not by much and less guaranteed but QB's usually see all of it). All on what 6 games started in his career?

Man that Cousins contract this spring is going to be insane.
      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
        Which basically invalidates any complaints that Stafford is getting paid too much, he just got a larger deal (not by much and less guaranteed but QB's usually see all of it). All on what 6 games started in his career?

But Garroppolo won a SB in NE so he is far better than Stafford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

It isn't just Stafford getting paid too much. The top 4 contracts that drive the Franchise Tag for the QB position haven't won a fucking thing in the game and aren't even in the same time zone as the best players at their position in the league. It's a position where the best players have to catch up to the average joes to make sure THEY aren't being underpaid. Makes no sense.

There is a distinct disconnect between the value of the position and the actual ability of the player getting paid to play that position.

Comment

• That is entirely due to the more recent nature of the contract signing.

And what other teams would pay for the player. Those top players will reset the bar next time they are up.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Are we all going to wring our hands when Rodgers signs for 60 mil next, crippling the packers?
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                It isn't just Stafford getting paid too much. The top 4 contracts that drive the Franchise Tag for the QB position haven't won a fucking thing in the game and aren't even in the same time zone as the best players at their position in the league. It's a position where the best players have to catch up to the average joes to make sure THEY aren't being underpaid. Makes no sense.

There is a distinct disconnect between the value of the position and the actual ability of the player getting paid to play that position.
                Because it's not about achievement, NFL is big business. It's about what that person earns for the owner of the team.

Comment

• Yeah, it's just cuz Matty makes Martha feel all tingly I am sure.

No football sense involved, amiright.

It's because actual football professionals are making these decisions and not you, an obsessed hater.
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                    That is entirely due to the more recent nature of the contract signing.

And what other teams would pay for the player. Those top players will reset the bar next time they are up.
                    I guess I'm just looking at the QB position (including backups) as a percentage of payroll. Seems once you start exceeding 15% is becomes increasingly harder to put a team around the QB (whoever he is) that he needs to win.

When 1 QB on the team exceeds 15%, you'd expect him to be one of the top 3-4 QB's in the league, year in year out.

Inevitably that is what happens. QB gets paid a kings ransom and people complain because there isn't enough around him to win. The Lions and Colts have their starting QB making 19%+ of team payroll and both struggle to put together a roster of enough talent to do anything with those QB's - even when Luck was healthy.

Comment

• Yeah, I am not going to spend so much time worrying about 4%. Seems like the Lions are actually in pretty good shape as far as $$ goes right now.

Colts look to be all kinds of fucked. Regardless of what their finances are like (I have no idea). Not really very similar situations IMO.

Stafford has one ability way above Luck. Availability. If player's pay reflected thier contribution as you wish ............... Luck should be paid less than Rudock.
                      Last edited by dpatnod; February 8, 2018, 08:11 PM.
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

Yeah, it's just cuz Matty makes Martha feel all tingly I am sure.

No football sense involved, amiright.

It's because actual football professionals are making these decisions and not you, an obsessed hater.
                        No Mediocre Matty makes Martha lots of money, that?s what it?s all about.

Comment

Yeah, I am not going to spend so much time worrying about 4%. Seems like the Lions are actually in pretty good shape as far as $$ goes right now.

Colts look to be all kinds of fucked. Regardless of what their finances are like (I have no idea). Not really very similar situations IMO.

Stafford has one ability way above Luck. Availability. If player's pay reflected thier contribution as you wish ............... Luck should be paid less than Rudock.
                          Availability isn’t an ability, it’s a status. One ability Mediocre Matty has over luck is that he can actually throw a football. Apparently Luck isn’t throw the ball yet in his rehab.

Comment

• Potato, pototo.

The G.D. Pen is Blue!

Yeah, Luck is about equal to Stafford. FFS. Just stop it.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Patricia thrilled to have Stafford as his quarterback

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                ?I?m obviously thrilled to have that piece,? Patricia said. ?I?m very blessed to have that in place. I think from that standpoint it?s a great situation to walk into.?

But Patricia is also approaching this job with the reality that not just one man can win or lose a football game or help Detroit get over the hump. Patricia knows he has an important piece in place at quarterback with Stafford, but his task is improving the roster from 1 to 53 so both his quarterback and the team are in a better position to have consistent success.

?We?re going to coach the whole team and it?s going to have to be the team that wins it,? he said. ?It?s not going to be just one guy.
                                Fake Coach!
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X