Clear All

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
    Patricia thrilled to have Stafford as his quarterback

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...3-79c3f54dabb1
    I?m thrilled too, easy money!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      Fake Coach!
      Actually one guy can lose a game - it happens all the time inthe NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
        I guess I'm just looking at the QB position (including backups) as a percentage of payroll. Seems once you start exceeding 15% is becomes increasingly harder to put a team around the QB (whoever he is) that he needs to win.

When 1 QB on the team exceeds 15%, you'd expect him to be one of the top 3-4 QB's in the league, year in year out.

Inevitably that is what happens. QB gets paid a kings ransom and people complain because there isn't enough around him to win. The Lions and Colts have their starting QB making 19%+ of team payroll and both struggle to put together a roster of enough talent to do anything with those QB's - even when Luck was healthy.
        And incredibly the Lions will still have over $50 mil in cap space. The issue isn't the money. The issue is not properly evaluating and finding cheap labor via the draft. The better your team drafts the better you can field a full team capable of making a serious run in the playoffs.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Problem is there’s no guarantee’s with the draft. It’s as much about luck as it is about due diligence. Washington Post analysis of the last 20 years of drafts shows that. Shit the only two time hiesman trophy winner was a complete NFL bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            And incredibly the Lions will still have over $50 mil in cap space. The issue isn't the money. The issue is not properly evaluating and finding cheap labor via the draft. The better your team drafts the better you can field a full team capable of making a serious run in the playoffs.
            They got over 50 million in cap space, until they franchise a player they already had on their roster - then it's down to 33 - and they still need a ton of players/upgrades.

I agree whole heartedly, if you are going to pay 20% of your entire budget for 1 guy or 1 position, you HAVE to nail the draft and low budget FA process - and have coaches that can get the most out of those players.

Hopefully the combination of Quinn and Patricia can make some serious headway in that regard.

I think people fail to realize that every time the cap increases, that increase is already spent. Virtually every position the cost of business increases, the minimum salary of all the cannon fodder on the roster increases and one can only hope that the increase of one position doesn't turn a cap increase into deficit spending. Added: In many ways the NFL cap increase is like raising the minimum wage, sure you get more dollars but your buying power doesn't change.
            Last edited by Fraquar; February 9, 2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Fucking Stafford can't even make more $$ than a 6-game, first-time starter.

Fucking Stafford!
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Fucking Stafford can't even make more $$ than a 6-game, first-time starter.

Fucking Stafford!
                We need to finally pay Stafford. He has been low balled long enough......wait not. Jimmy G has rings. He is better than Stafford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                  They got over 50 million in cap space, until they franchise a player they already had on their roster - then it's down to 33 - and they still need a ton of players/upgrades.

I agree whole heartedly, if you are going to pay 20% of your entire budget for 1 guy or 1 position, you HAVE to nail the draft and low budget FA process - and have coaches that can get the most out of those players.

Hopefully the combination of Quinn and Patricia can make some serious headway in that regard.

I think people fail to realize that every time the cap increases, that increase is already spent. Virtually every position the cost of business increases, the minimum salary of all the cannon fodder on the roster increases and one can only hope that the increase of one position doesn't turn a cap increase into deficit spending. Added: In many ways the NFL cap increase is like raising the minimum wage, sure you get more dollars but your buying power doesn't change.
                  I don't think the tag is happening on Ziggy. My guess is the Lions offer him a 3 year deal to stay and he'll laugh at it and walk. And the Lions will let him.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post
                    I don't think the tag is happening on Ziggy. My guess is the Lions offer him a 3 year deal to stay and he'll laugh at it and walk. And the Lions will let him.
                    That is sad. But probably totally correct.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

We need to finally pay Stafford. He has been low balled long enough......wait not. Jimmy G has rings. He is better than Stafford.
                      Neither one of those douches can hold Nick Foles', Blake Bortles', Borck Osweiller's or Case Keenums jock!
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• 4-55.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Neither one of those douches can hold Nick Foles', Blake Bortles', Borck Osweiller's or Case Keenums jock!
                            Can't argue that. Your logic is flawless. You have won this thread. Well played sir.

Comment

For nothing huh?
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Can't argue that. Your logic is flawless. You have won this thread. Well played sir.
                                Example A on why you should leave thinking to those who can. Don?t quit your career in fast food.

Comment

Working...
                                X