Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• or Stafford.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
      The Foles lesson is so simple it's pathetic. It was a coach who wasn't so concrete set in his ways that adjusted the offense to the strengths of the backup. On most teams (with the same personnel) Foles would have failed last season come playoff time - he isn't Wentz.
      It didn't hurt that Pedersen was Noles' OC while in KC as well. He knew the QB inside and out.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

It didn't hurt that Pedersen was Noles' OC while in KC as well. He knew the QB inside and out.
        He was Noles OC in KC for how long? Inside and out I'd say not.

Comment

• He Still had to perform in a high stress, clutch situations against 3 of the best teams in football. Stafford has yet been able to perform in those situations.
          My question was a situational one, not looking at a long term Nick Files as your starting QB the next year.

Comment

• You mean when the rest of the team folded up like lawn chairs around him Stafford himself didn't pick up the whole team and say fuck we are going to win this. This isn't a movie. That doesn't happen. Yeah Stafford is the most important piece of the puzzle that is an NFL team, but that record doesn't exist solely or even because Stafford can't get it done. It's like that because we have fielded at best a 8-8 team. With Stafford at the helm with those teams we have been the odds. But that doesn't mean that Stafford should be able to make a middle of the pack team suddenly good enough to beat well built teams.
            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'll change my mind when it happens. That's the way it is in life. This isn't religion, I'm not going to put faith in something I can't or haven't seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

If anyone thought Foles was the reason the Eagles won it all, roughly 24 other NFL teams would have at least inquired about his services.

In reality, Foles was only contacted by the Browns.

Now, this is just a stab in the dark... but maybe... just maybe... this means that the other 21 players on the field at any given time actually do matter, and that it's a lot more complicated than the two QBs playing a glorified game of 1 on 1.
                  Cold be that Foles emphatically told the NFL he wanted no part in leaving the Philly organization at this time, don't know if that was a factor or not. But to say, Nick Foles wasn't a major factor in winning in the playoff last year is a complete rewrite of history.

I'm the first to admit, I didn't think Nick Foles had it in to win in the playoffs but he proved me wrong and did something Mediocre Matty has never done, He up'd his game in the playoffs and directed Philly tot a Super Bowl win, Picking up MVP honors in both the NFC Championship game (QB rating of 141, while decimating the tough Minnesota defense) and the Super Bowl.

In both of the first two playoff games he completed over 75% of his passes. In the Super Bowl, he was under quite a bit of pressure, but he held tough and made perfect throws in tough situations to guide Philly to the win.

He is the reason Philly won the Super Bowl. Put Mediocre Matty on that team, they lose to Atlanta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                    You mean when the rest of the team folded up like lawn chairs around him Stafford himself didn't pick up the whole team and say fuck we are going to win this. This isn't a movie. That doesn't happen. Yeah Stafford is the most important piece of the puzzle that is an NFL team, but that record doesn't exist solely or even because Stafford can't get it done. It's like that because we have fielded at best a 8-8 team. With Stafford at the helm with those teams we have been the odds. But that doesn't mean that Stafford should be able to make a middle of the pack team suddenly good enough to beat well built teams.
                    Get those excuses going man!!!!

Comment

• You need more than excuses to change minds.

This is Mediocre Matty with a chance to win a game in the payoffs - all he had to do is step up

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...fford-s-fumble

Verses what Nick Foles did NFC championship game

Last edited by dwt1; August 20, 2018, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• More edited posts.. you have issues
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                          He Still had to perform in a high stress, clutch situations against 3 of the best teams in football. Stafford has yet been able to perform in those situations.
                          My question was a situational one, not looking at a long term Nick Files as your starting QB the next year.
                          Fair enough and Foles definitely came through.

Now my followup question is this. Do you think that if Foles had Stafford's teams would the Lions be better or worse than what they are or have been? Again Foles wouldn't be able to be propped up by the 3rd rank rushing attack (Philly 2115 yards vs Detroit 1221) and a premier defense (Philly 4th, Detroit 27th).

Not to take away anything from Foles and what he did in the playoffs but he didn't do it all by himself.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yawn. Dimwits number game makes me sleepy.

We get it. You hate everything Detroit Lions, past, present and future. We don't. We're here to talk about it. You add nothing but contrarian bullshit. Ever.

Fuck off.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Dude, you're the one who doesn't want the Lions to improve - you're completely and utterly happy with mediocrity - why do you hate the Lions so much that you don't want them to improve????

BTW - I do get it, in your world - to be a Lions fan you have to live a life of make believe, where reality doesn't exist. Where all you have to is hope that buy doing nothing significant things are going to change and the team is Super Bowl bound. How's that worked out for you?

Here's reality, You can be a Lions fan without denigrating the performance of those who succeed. You can be a lions fan and at the same time recognize that players from other teams stepped up to the challenge and played a great game. You can do that and I guarantee you, they will not take away your silver plated, embossed, double laminated "Wait till next year" card that you covet so deeply.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Fair enough and Foles definitely came through.

Now my followup question is this. Do you think that if Foles had Stafford's teams would the Lions be better or worse than what they are or have been? Again Foles wouldn't be able to be propped up by the 3rd rank rushing attack (Philly 2115 yards vs Detroit 1221) and a premier defense (Philly 4th, Detroit 27th).

Not to take away anything from Foles and what he did in the playoffs but he didn't do it all by himself.
                                He would if he played the way he did in the playoffs - the question is would he? He's definitely shown he can, something Mediocre Matty HAS NOT DONE.

BTW - you keep confusing with "not doing it all by himself" with the fact the QB has to perform at a high level in order for the others to contribute. Serious question, do you think Jerry Rice would have had the numbers he had if his QB was Joey Fucking Harrington? The fact is, great QBs make those around them better.

Comment

Working...
                                X