Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

Do you really believe that? I mean he leads his statement with "I normally don't see this thread because of the OP blocked name but I noticed it again today.". So, how does that happen. If it's block, but then all of a sudden it's not blocked?

Comment

• Poor blocking technique?
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
        Poor blocking technique?
        pbt
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They have a pill for that.

Comment

• alright that's funny right there.
            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
              Poor blocking technique?

They should call my kids and ask their advice. They have it down to a science.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                I normally don't see this thread because of the OP blocked name but I noticed it again today. I just caught up on the latest MS jock sniffers vs the doubters debate and all I can add is, the math doesn't add up when Stafford was not recognized (nor any other Lion outside of Slay for that matter) by his peers as a top 100 NFL player for 2019.

That's where he belongs for well documented reasons.

Doesn't matter what I think though. His albatross contract makes him THE man (that cannot be moved) so one just has to wait and see.

I don't care if he becomes MVP for another team someday like Gannon did after leaving KC, I just need the team I follow to win more times than not, over and over again.
                Wow. Last I heard you were still calling him Stat Padford. Good to see he's out of your doghouse.

What do you think of this far-fetched piece from NFL.com?

1) Eli gets the last laugh. After veteran passer Eli Manning is benched during a vicious Week 5 loss to the Minnesota Vikings, the Giants stun football heads everywhere by releasing their favorite son to pave the way for rookie Daniel Jones. A peeved Manning turns down a lucrative studio gig with ESPN to ink a one-year pact with the Lions, a squad hunting for help after losing Matthew Stafford to a light case of food poisoning ahead of Detroit's Monday night showdown with the Packers in Week 6. Despite just one practice with the Lions, Eli fries Green Bay for 375 yards and three touchdowns -- including a fleet-footed 29-yard scoring dash. Searching for a spark, coach Matt Patricia rolls with the hot hand, allowing Manning to detonate the Vikings the following Sunday -- the club he was benched against two weeks prior -- before taking on the Giants in Week 8. Manning goes to town on his former employer, carving up Big Blue for 411 yards while completing a league-record 33 consecutive passes in a 40-0 romp. With Eli at the controls, the Lions march into January to win a 20-17 wild-card thriller over the Cowboys, before finally getting dispatched by the Saints on the road. The amped-up front office goes on to trade Stafford to the Titans before locking down Manning with a three-year mega-deal.

Only one team's narrative will read like a fairy tale in February. But before it does, Marc Sessler presents nine Hollywood endings he'd like to see in the 2019 NFL season.
                "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  Whit??? You've got Dpatnod blocked, Panoptes? Why FFS? He posts some real funny stuff when he's not busting balls about the USA's No1 QB!
                  Gonzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!

finds kahn GIF
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• PFF agrees with me.

Comment

• PFF hates....I mean HATES.....the Lions so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Fun fact: Despite the fact that other franchises have had some serious legal culture problems over the years, including (but not limited to) assault, child abuse, domestic abuse, and even murder......to this day PFT has only espoused that 1 team should have had to forfeit draft picks based on player behavior.......yes it is the Detroit lions when Fairley got 2 DWIs in a short period.

But when a player beats a kid, woman, of commits murder......this doesn't rise to the level of penalizing draft picks (unless it's the Lions).

So yeah....Florio and the whole gang hate Detroit. They're not anything close to objective and it's not exactly thinly veiled.

Comment

• PFF "hates" the Lions because the Lions have traditionally been garbage. That's the LIONS' fault, not PFF's.

Now, I believe that last season was an aberration thanks to hideous coaching, poor surrounding talent, and the confusing direction that comes from a transition at every level of an organization, but Pro Football Focus isn't about what you believe. It's about what is on the field right now. Stafford at #15 is pretty much right where he should be considering how awful his last season was.

EDIT: I think you're talking about PFT, Pro Football Talk, which is an entirely different site that deals with a bunch of talking heads throwing hot takes around like chimpanzees throwing their feces rather than analysis.
                        Last edited by chemiclord; August 20, 2019, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• I can picture The London Lion pumping his fist when reading that list. Total affirmation for the guy.

Comment

• Comment

• It's okay. I had to think about it myself, then check to make sure that Florio hadn't been hired by PFF for some God-forsaken reason.

Comment

• rick james cocaine GIF
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X