Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non Football (OR POLITICAL) things that piss you off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best wishes to you and your family, Gonz
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Panoptes, all the very best to your family, buddy. Praying your dad gets the best treatment possible. In our thoughts here.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        My father's liver cancer is back for a 3rd time now and this time appears to be growing fast. He will go under the knife again within 2 weeks (probably sooner).

I'll be taking a leave of absence to head home and take care of my family (my mom is also currently recovering from her 3rd esophagus surgery) the best I can.

I don't know when I'll be back to haunt this joint again as my priorities have never been clearer.

Best of luck to all of you and yours, stay healthy the best you can and Go Lions!

Hoping the best for all the family. Take good care of them Gonz. I know you will. If you get an opportunity drop a line here to let us know how things are going. I know that isn't a priority. Positive thoughts and hopes are with you as you take care of the family.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Gonzo, my your parents survive this in the best of health.

Comment

• Take care of your family Gonz and don't forget to take care of yourself.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Best wishes, Gonz.

Comment

• Best to you and the family, Gonz.

Comment

• Best of luck Gonz.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm trying to cancel my home warranty. I've been on hold for over an hour. I made the mistake of setting up automatic payments on a credit card. I may have to cancel the card to get then to stop taking the money out. Bastards.

As a rule, I never schedule auto payments because of the difficulty in canceling them. Even if I pay with a CC, I log in and pay every month, but for some reason I set this up as an auto pay. I don't remember what I was thinking. Dammit.

As another rule, I don't believe in extended warranties, but this came with the house when we bought it. It was $500 a year with a $65 call fee. Our house had two A/C units that were on their last legs when we bought it and in the first year we got our money's worth on repairs to them alone, so we continued it. We probably had at least two calls a year on both. Probably saved about 4K. Last year we had both replaced under the warranty I cost us less than 3K out of pocket for both-saved us about 7-10k.

In the case of this warranty, I think we made out. Apparently, so did they. They raised our premium by $250 and the service fee went up to $125. I think that is too much, especially since we have replaced the A/C units already.

Fuckers.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Look at you guys, thanks for the well wishes

All of you....

Taking it to the Makes Your Day thread
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Good to see you back Gonz.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Well, I ran into the grocery store this morning on my way into work for a couple of last minute items and figured I would beat the crowd.

Indeed, I did. It only took be about 10 minutes to locate the items on my list which is about 5 minutes quicker than I expected.

I go to check out, use the self checkout, and get all the way through the process and am waiting for the machine to accept my debit card when the entire self serve system goes down.

After waiting for 10 minutes, I was tempted to just leave but since my card was processing, I feared when the system came back up it would finish the process but I would be gone.

After another 10 minuets the regular gal that watches over the self serve arrives in the area and the one that was there, and apologizing to everyone, was frantic. After a moments survey of the situation, the regular disappears for another 5 minutes to seek a "control key". She gets back and proceeds to "fix" the problem an in the mean time waves me over to the control terminal and finishes my transaction.

She apologized for the wait but explained she went on break and warned the person that relieved her not to do something which is exactly what she did trying to remedy the situation.

Time to locate groceries:10 minutes
                          Time to get through the checkout: 26 minutes.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That sucks Malto.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Standing 7th in line in a bank queue,..... ten minutes later you are first,..... you are seconds away from making it to the teller, and another "floating" bank worker walking around asks, "Is it something I can help with?"
                              The first words that spring to mind in my head are, "No, fk off!"
                              In the grand scheme of things, it's really not an issue and shouldn't piss anyone off, but it really fking does.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Attached Files
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X