The "All the Other Games" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the pre season doesn't mean shit
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

It does if you look awful.

Comment

Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
        The LA RAMS game was easily the worst game I have ever sat through.
        Heh, heh. I napped through it and every time I woke up I saw King Fisher standing on the sideline with his hands on his hips shaking his head while a goose egg was on the scoreboard.

I figured if Kapernick can take a knee during the National Anthem, I could take a nap because..........Old Guys Matter.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

He did look bad. I don't know, I want to see him in a regular game. But there is good reason to believe he just stinks.

pANDs I know it's childish, but, whenever I hear someone say that someone/something "stinks" it cracks me up everytime.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            Just telling you what Fisher said. Jeff Fisher has never been a QB guru. And as a matter of fact, the Rams under his care, haven't been world beaters. Eventhough, they have enough talent to win more.
            What else is he going to say? It wouldn't look good to say "Our #1 draft pick QB is terrible and not ready to play so we're starting this guy who's terrible, just not as terrible."

The days of high draft pick QBs sitting for a year are over.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
              How terrible must Jared Goff be if the the Rams are insisting on going with Keenum? (And making Goff the inactive 3rd QB)
              More than starting Keenum this sticks out more. How do you groom a QB while having him sitting on the bench. You have him available for spot duty, getting wrecked, throw him out for meaningless passes. Waaaay ahead. Bring him out for some meaningless pass. QB goes down, bring him out for handoffs and allow him to throw a couple times. If Keenum is going to miss some games, fine bring up the other guy to start over Geoff. But don't have him as your #3 unless he is terrible.
              AAL-Nevin Lawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                More than starting Keenum this sticks out more. How do you groom a QB while having him sitting on the bench. You have him available for spot duty, getting wrecked, throw him out for meaningless passes. Waaaay ahead. Bring him out for some meaningless pass. QB goes down, bring him out for handoffs and allow him to throw a couple times. If Keenum is going to miss some games, fine bring up the other guy to start over Geoff. But don't have him as your #3 unless he is terrible.
                Agree. That is the real head scratcher. If he has anything and he is the man of the future why have him as your #3.

Fisher is a good DC but he had 1 good year as a HC. Yet, he is revered in NFL circles. So much so that I think he heads the competion committee. Which kind of explains some of these stupid rules that have come out in the last few years.

Comment

Tyrod Taylor just turned Revis Island into an overly busy Chuckie Cheese.

Comment

Whats better than watching a Ryan get lit up? Watching two Ryans get lit up.

Comment

I like the Ryans because most coaches sound like boring zombies through the media. At least they are entertaining sometimes.
                      Or you could always listen to Todd Bowles be boring in a press conference (like everyone else).

But yes, their defense is looking lost right now.
                      Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

Ryan's are both blowhards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        In Quinn We Trust??

Comment

Rob Ryan is the worst defensive coordinator in the league and has been for a while. If he wasn't Buddy's kid he would be coaching linebackers at a JUCO in Mississippi.
                          The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            I like the Ryans because most coaches sound like boring zombies through the media. At least they are entertaining sometimes.
                            Or you could always listen to Todd Bowles be boring in a press conference (like everyone else).

But yes, their defense is looking lost right now.

I like their game. They are Buddy Ryans' kids for sure.
                            Last edited by Panoptes; September 15th, 2016, 09:48 PM.
                            SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
                            Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

Comment

Forte still seems to have some puff in him.

Comment

Taylor got his bell rung and Hochuli sent him to the sideline. Good call
                                Clouds are clouds. Cows are cows. The Lions are the Lions .-Andrew Heller-

Comment

Working...
                                X