In Memorial of the Caldwell thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
    I really don't want to shit on Stafford too much more because people here know my take on him.

But even though I think he has the physical qualities to win, I just don't think at this time in his life he has the emotional qualities it takes to take a franchise that has been so low, for so long, and help get it to a championship.

I'm not a shrink, but when his wife says that after a loss he would go eat dinner in his bedroom by himself, even with guests at the house, this doesn't sound like a mentally healthy person.

Or the bringing out the 'he feels the pressure to win games for the all the Lion fans and the city because they are counting on him to win a championship.

He needs to get a therapist.

Or trade him to a team that he can relax and just play the game.
    I am glad he is pissed after a loss. I hate to see players talking and smiling
    with the enemy after a loss ! Kinda reminds me of whenever Rodney Peete threw a pick, he always ran off the field with a big smile on his face

Comment

Barry Sanders openly admitted that he didn’t care when Detroit lost games.

Stafford remind me of Scott Mitchell - when not under pressure they are unstoppable, under pressure they shit thier pants.
      Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

That's how things seem when the observer is
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dpatnod; November 26th, 2017, 07:08 PM.
        Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan V View Post
          I am glad he is pissed after a loss. I hate to see players talking and smiling with the enemy after a loss.
          Spot on for me too. Any decent level of pissed-off-ness means they were at least giving a shit out there.

Always reminds me of a Hibs defender Matt Docherty laughing after Hibs had been humped by the Jambos 5-1 in the 2012 Cup Final. That was infinitely more irritating than the result. Thankfully he fkd off back to Wolverhampton.

Comment

My point was that some people can thrive in different situations that others can't.

I was thinking about this because red said that in real clutch situations Stafford wilts.

Red made good points about Caldwell coaching style is not helping Stafford. Stafford needs to be put in a situation where he can thrive. Either here, if it's possible I should say, with a new coach, or somewhere else where the pressure isn't so great on him.

Comment

No pressure on a QB in the NFL - where does that exist?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

I am not sure why you troll me since I'm about the only one on here that defends your takes on Stafford and even agrees with you about Barry.

I think you have made it abundantly clear that you don't think Stafford is good enough to do the job.

Time to find a different cross to carry, that one is rotting away.

Comment

I'm sure some will find my last post ironic ha ha

Comment

Brilliant.

It's because he's a troll.

Comment

I am not sure why you troll me since I'm about the only one on here that defends your takes on Stafford and even agrees with you about Barry.

I think you have made it abundantly clear that you don't think Stafford is good enough to do the job.

Like.
                      Let the apathy flow through you.

Comment

Who’s trolling you, I’m asking a question. Where in the NFL, does QB position exist where there is no pressure? It’s called having a discussion.
                        Last edited by dwt1; November 27th, 2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Dildo Dildo!

Comment

Yes, detroit, there's pressure everywhere, but most teams don't have a history or suffering fan base as the lions. Also the inept coaching and ownership don't help.

Comment

Effin spellcheck

Comment

Yes, detroit, there's pressure everywhere, but most teams don't have a history or suffering fan base as the lions. Also the inept coaching and ownership don't help.

Comment

Working...
                                X