Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ThE 2018 oFFseasOn thrEAd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    One of the minimum requirements for the next coach is a guy who knows how that you can't put nine or 10 players out on defense and think that will work.
    Schwartz called Caldwell up and said "Uhh, that's not what I meant when I said you should try the wide-9 defense".

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Lionsfan123 View Post
      https://youtu.be/444GoeSwTNY
      I don't normally agree with anything Valenti saids but he hit the nail on the head this time about the whole situation.
      Indeed. Everything Valenti said is true. If Caldwell isn't fired the Monday after the season ends then you might as well write off any chance of this franchise ever changing.
      The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
        Schwartz called Caldwell up and said "Uhh, that's not what I meant when I said you should try the wide-9 defense".
        :-D
        SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
        Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
          Indeed. Everything Valenti said is true. If Caldwell isn't fired the Monday after the season ends then you might as well write off any chance of this franchise ever changing.
          Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

          Comment


          • .
            Attached Files
            Clouds are clouds. Cows are cows. The Lions are the Lions .-Andrew Heller-

            Comment


            • Just post diahrea when the kitties lose, huh.
              Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

              Comment


              • Spare me the Rod, and give me the wood.

                News flash: Rod wood has hired a private investigator to look for new coach.

                The PI has been informed to look for candidates who have recently purchased Dildos for self abuse, ah, pleasure, and who can easily be Lionized.

                The new coach, because of secret internal workings of the very successful business model the Lions have established, must not be hireable after coaching the franchise.

                Comment


                • Why is everybody assuming that Martha won't fire Caldwell? She got Mayhew and Lewand out of the building. Caldwell's extension is irrelevant. Let him finish out this lost season, then can him. If she doesn't do that, go ahead and bitch. In the meantime, chill the hell out and see what she does.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
                    Why is everybody assuming that Martha won't fire Caldwell?
                    Because ....

                    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35VQ6YbKZVI"]"I love Jim Caldwell" - Martha Ford - YouTube[/ame]

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
                      Why is everybody assuming that Martha won't fire Caldwell? She got Mayhew and Lewand out of the building. Caldwell's extension is irrelevant. Let him finish out this lost season, then can him. If she doesn't do that, go ahead and bitch. In the meantime, chill the hell out and see what she does.
                      I'm skeptical for several reasons:

                      "I love Jim Caldwell" comments for starters, second - the fact that Quinn was "persuaded" to keep Caldwell when he took the job. Third, just like her old man, she has shown that she's going to surround herself with "her people" (Cronies like Rod Wood) and will likely stubbornly stick with them.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                        Spare me the Rod, and give me the wood.

                        News flash: Rod wood has hired a private investigator to look for new coach.

                        The PI has been informed to look for candidates who have recently purchased Dildos for self abuse, ah, pleasure, and who can easily be Lionized.

                        The new coach, because of secret internal workings of the very successful business model the Lions have established, must not be hireable after coaching the franchise.
                        Just..... stop.

                        Back away from the keyboard.......
                        Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
                          Why is everybody assuming that Martha won't fire Caldwell? She got Mayhew and Lewand out of the building. Caldwell's extension is irrelevant. Let him finish out this lost season, then can him. If she doesn't do that, go ahead and bitch. In the meantime, chill the hell out and see what she does.
                          ......are you saying we should all just believe?:p
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

                          Comment


                          • IF they fire Caldwell and don't just promote Austin (which would be so Lions-y), was trying to figure out who might be candidates. The obvious NE connections with McDaniels and Patricia are there, so that's the first thought.

                            Other names consistently popping up in various articles I've been perusing (not specific to the Lions but just guys that will likely be in the mix in multiple places):

                            Ex-HCs: Schwartz, Spagnuolo, Shurmur, Mike Smith. None of these would excite anybody in Detroit I think.

                            Current OC/DCs: Austin, Frank Reich (OC Phil), Matt Nagy (OC KC), Matt Vrabel (DC Hou), Linehan, Todd Haley, Matt LaFleur (Rams OC), Kris Richard (DC Seattle). There's many others but these came up in multiple articles.

                            Position coaches: Dave Toub (ST KC), John Defilippo (QB Phil)

                            Longshots: Gruden, Harbaugh, David Shaw.

                            This stuff tends to be a total crapshoot, but I spent some time looking into a handful of these guys that I wasn't familiar with and really liked some of the stuff I saw on Defilippo. He spent a year as the Browns OC and it wasn't pretty, but the Browns were also a huge shitshow.

                            Comment


                            • Current OC/DC: Reich would be interesting to me....IDK if Vrabel has been at it long enough, same with LaFleur (though I love what he's brought to that O this year). Maybe on McDaniels...hell no to Patricia. I'm torn on Austin.

                              Ex HCs....I'm underwhelmed by Spags, hell no to SHwartz and Shermer, Mike SMith might intrigue me the most of those names.

                              Long shots....I think you always have to add Cowher to any list of longshots and he'd be my first choice in a dream world. I'm not as down on Chucky as most are, as I can separate his broadcasting career from his coaching....the thing with him is: is he hungry? He was a good coach when he was hungry in OAK/TB, but as soon as he won the SB (with Dungy staff and players) he became a shell of himself.

                              Comment


                              • When do we start the draft day threads?
                                Rebuilding is better than winning. Teams win all the time, but none have been rebuilding for five decades

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X