• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to go get this kid in FA

Hue Jackson wasn’t inspired to run Isaiah Crowell more last week
    Posted by Josh Alper on December 22, 2017, 2:28 PM EST

Getty Images
    Browns running back Isaiah Crowell said this week that he was upset about the way he was used in last Sunday’s loss to the Ravens and coach Hue Jackson said on Friday that the two men have had a conversation about Crowell’s feelings.

Crowell got two carries — one was wiped out by a defensive penalty — after a 59-yard run in the second quarter of the game, leaving him feeling like he can help the team “more than I’ve been given the opportunity to do.” Jackson agreed that the team could do more to keep Crowell involved while explaining why he wasn’t used more last week.

“Just because you run for 59 yards don’t mean that … all 5 of us could have run through that hole. Being inspired to run is breaking tackles,” Jackson said, via Keith Britton of 92.3 The Fan.

Jackson said that there wasn’t inspiration to keep using Crowell because they ran the same play that led to the 59-yard gain again and lost two yards. Neither of Crowell’s carries after his big gain over the left side went for losses, although Duke Johnson did lose four on a run to the left side in the second half.

Both Crowell and Johnson have been fairly effective this season, especially in comparison to the Browns’ passing game. Some games don’t allow you to stick to the run, but it would probably be a good idea in Cleveland when that’s not the case.

Comment

• Not sure anyone would want to go to Cleveland with Hue Jackson in charge. Your a RB with a greenhorn QB in a close game and still can't get the ball.

Comment

• Building a F’ing defense x 1000 time.

Comment

• Bringing this thread back in play to talk a bit about FA moves I'd like to see. If the new coach decides to switch D schemes, this could change, but for now, these are moves I'd like to see:

First off, franchise Ziggy. I've posted a shit ton as to why I think this is the right move.

Next, priority FAs:

- Star Lotuleilei - get the big run stuffing DT to play next to Ashawn. He won't be cheap but he's more run stuffer than pass rusher so that keeps the price down. I know some want to go after Richardson, but he'll be more expensive and has already said he wants to go back to NY

- Christian Jones - young LB who played well for Chicago; he played inside for them , but he played OLB in college so I think he can play outside in a 4-3. Sign him to play with Davis and JRM and you could have a nice young LB group.

- One of Tavon Wilson or Nevin Lawson - this is going to depend upon what they do with Diggs. If they leave him at S, then Wilson is not a priority and they should try to bring back Lawson. But if Diggs goes back to CB, sign Wilson and let Lawson walk to be replaced by Tabor, as I'm assuming Lawson will get a decent offer on the FA market.

After that, I wouldn't chase anybody. Look for a couple diamonds in the rough. I don't think they should spend big money on any FA OL. Look for a bargain vet or two maybe, particularly at C. They'll also need to bring back some depth guys like a Worrilow and Hayden, but those are replacement level players that shouldn't cost too much.

I left RB and in particular off this list. I lean towards spending at least a 2nd rounder on a RB, but if they went out and signed Crowell I wouldn't mind.

Comment

• The Diggs situation is a good one.

We can wait and see what comes to us either in FA or the draft and adjust Diggs accordingly.

I also think we should spend a 2nd rd pick on a RB AND get Crowell.

Comment

• I also think we should spend a 2nd rd pick on a RB AND get Crowell.
              This RB class is so deep, if you sign Crowell, the need is a lot less and you could probably sit on RB until at least the 3rd round. That said, if they can get Crowell on a Latavius Murray type deal, that makes it a hell of a lot easier. It's also going to depend upon what the new coaching staff thinks of the likes of AA and Green (assuming Washington is pretty much toast at this point and Riddick is safe no matter what).

Comment

• Shit, I forgot the most important offseason move - resign Muhlbach!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                  Not sure anyone would want to go to Cleveland with Hue Jackson in charge. Your a RB with a greenhorn QB in a close game and still can't get the ball.

How does a coach go 1-31 in 2 seasons and not get fired?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                    Shit, I forgot the most important offseason move - resign Muhlbach!
                    Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
                    Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                      They are saving him to be the scapegoat next year.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                        Maybe he had a life size cardboard cutout of the owner and is peeling off a hunk of clothing with each loss.
                        Get 'er done Matthew!

Comment

• Dabo Swinney works some magic and gets Clellin Farrell and Austin Bryant to come back to school. That thins out the DE crop some. No word on Wilkins yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X