2018 NFL draft thread -or- who's the next set of busts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
    Used to hang out with him back in the eighties. One of my suite mates was his best friend.

Cool guy
    Nice

Did you do nub bumps?

pands

He's an Angels legend
    SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
    Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

Comment

• Originally posted by FanFromCali View Post
      Vita Vea has been mocked to Detroit in a couple of lists. I have to say watching him play he is something else. Incredible strength and consistently drives his blocker into the backfield.
      [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MBuoepc1I"]Vita Vea || "Defensive Nightmare" ᴴᴰ || Washington Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIYMBnhErMg"]Relentless Pass Rusher | Sam Hubbard Ohio State Highlights ᴴᴰ - YouTube[/ame]

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
      In watching all of these backs for the first time, R. Anderson for OU is the best so far. Vision (#1), shiftiness, speed and power.
      May be available in the third.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k93BZUdUFE"]Oklahoma RB Rodney Anderson facing rape allegation | SportsCenter | ESPN - YouTube[/ame]

Probably gets picked #45. The Lions will pick #46 or #47.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffman View Post
        Way too early draft picks:

1. Derrius Guice/RB LSU
        2. Sam Hubbard/DE Ohio St.
        3. Braden Smith/OG Auburn
        4. Micah Kiser/LB Virginia
        5. BJ Hill/DT NC State
        6. No 6th Rounder yet! Tre Flowers/SS Oklahoma St.
        7. Shane Wimann/TE Northern Illinois

Top Free Agent Grabs:

1. Sheldon Richardson/DT
        2. Isaiah Crowell/RB
        3. Paul Richardson/WR

Search Bargain Bin for:

LB Help
        DE Help
        CB Help
        OL Help

Bring Back:

Ansah
        Whitehead
        Ngata if on the cheap
        Lawson
        Wilson if on the cheap
        Your 1 and 2 are both 1st's. And no to P Richardson (WR). They got Wrs up the woo woo. We need to spend our bread on DT/DE/RB/OG.

Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
        Could be 19....I read coin flip with Dallas
        So #20 it is and back on the Jerrah Bus. Woo!
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by FanFromCali View Post
          I agree he would likely be an upgrade * but I'm not a fan of going after running backs in free agency due to wear and tear. I prefer upgrading in the draft (which is incredibly deep this year).

* That said, I'm not sure how significant of an upgrade would be. His talent level has never really matched his output and he also has a few marks against him for off-field behavior.

Other than Nick Chubb, this is another of my favorite running backs. It's early, but I have seen some projections having him go somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round, which I think would be insane value.
          To be fair...Crowell is like 24yo and wear and tear is less than average due to the Brown having to abandon the run early and often because they're behind.

Comment

• FS,

Dont just drop in that rape allegation shit about R Anderson in here as though it had merit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires...icle-1.3698252

Sooners RB Rodney Anderson won't be charged with sex assault

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Thursday, December 14, 2017, 5:04 PM

Excerpt:

"Definitely, charges are not warranted under these circumstances," Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn said during a news conference.

To your draft position point, perfect in 3rd round. He can do what the 1st rounders can do just fine. Hint: K Hunt, 3rd round RB and 2017 NFL rushing champ.
            Last edited by Panoptes; January 3rd, 2018, 01:06 PM.
            SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
            Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
              To be fair...Crowell is like 24yo and wear and tear is less than average due to the Brown having to abandon the run early and often because they're behind.
              This is true. Both are good points by you.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

Comment

• Good call on Rodney Anderson. He really came on late in the season. However, I think he will likely return to school for one more year. Next year Oklahoma will be transitioning to a new QB and thus will rely on him more and would improve his stock. I would also like to see him take another year to add some weight. He is listed at a little over 200, which means he is probably around 195.

But you are right. He runs with a lot of power for his size.

Comment

• With all this positive praise I have been giving this running back class, I do have to say one of the players I'm down on is Bryce Love.

Love is a track guy and thus his speed and agility is definitely impressive. But he displays poor vision and often takes poor angles on runs. (Stanford has a great running scheme and their linemen open up some huge holes to run through. He isn't going to get those holes in the NFL.) It also doesn't take a gang tackle to take him down.

He is talented, but I honestly don't see him being anything more than a "change of pace" back in the NFL.

Comment

• Love is an amazing big play back, but there Lions need someone that can break some tackles and get tough yards to go with the occasional big play. Ronald Jones is another good back that is slight and very reminiscent of the Jahvid Best/Reggie Bush mold. Definitely down my list of RBs for sure.
                    Last edited by Mainevent; January 3rd, 2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Love is compared to Chris Johnson.

I wouldn’t be mad if they drafted him
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                        Kerryon Johnson officially in for the draft. RB class is so deep this year.
                        Gotta LOVE that.
                        GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

• As long as Love doesn’t have a concussion issue, bring him in!
                          Can’t go through the pain of falling in love with another fast Lions RB... then health ruins his career.

“YouTube videos... that’s what gets me going.” Classic Schwartzy
                          Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            FS,

Dont just drop in that rape allegation shit about R Anderson in here as though it had merit.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Excerpt:

"Definitely, charges are not warranted under these circumstances," Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn said during a news conference.

To your draft position point, perfect in 3rd round. He can do what the 1st rounders can do just fine. Hint: K Hunt, 3rd round RB and 2017 NFL rushing champ.
                            But rape allegations without merit are what we are doing in this country now days. #metoo
                            1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              FS,

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Excerpt:

I was looking for some footage on him and that popped up. Didn't have time to fully look into it. Thanks for the additional info. It's all part of the picture.

Originally posted by FanFromCali View Post
                              With all this positive praise I have been giving this running back class, I do have to say one of the players I'm down on is Bryce Love.

Love is a track guy and thus his speed and agility is definitely impressive. But he displays poor vision and often takes poor angles on runs. (Stanford has a great running scheme and their linemen open up some huge holes to run through. He isn't going to get those holes in the NFL.) It also doesn't take a gang tackle to take him down.

He is talented, but I honestly don't see him being anything more than a "change of pace" back in the NFL.
                              So he's a combination of D Washington and AA? Pass

Comment

• Just to continue the RB love:

It's hard to get a handle on how good Rashaad Penny really is due to the level of completion he has faced, but man is that guy powerful! There is a pretty awesome video of him dragging a Hawaii player many yards across the turf.

Comment

Working...
                                X