• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barkley is a top 5 pick.

Other than that it’s too early for me to start looking at the draft
    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

It's a good time to tee up prospects so if there's a somebody in a bowl game I can try and watch them a little bit.

Comment

The top picks are not going to participate due to possible injury excuses.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

The draft is 7 rounds long. I'm sure there will be a few guys participating that might get picked. And nobody is skipping the CFP and those 4 teams are loaded with talent that will be drafted in the first 3-4 rounds.

At this point I believe there have been 2 potential first round guys that announced they won't play. There will probably be a couple more, but it won't be this sudden crush of guys skipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            Some* top prospects will likely play. Unless I’m missing something, I haven’t seen that many top guys announce they are skipping the Bowl game.
            Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Yeah....if you’re a 1st rd pick and you’re not in the playoff there’s no incentive to play in the bowl games. It’s a good business decision

Comment

For 3-4 years, these kids are nothing but a tool colleges use to make money while grossly "underpaying" them for their contribution to the school's revenues.

So, yeah... I'm not going to fault any of them for making a sound business decision and hold themselves out of irrelevant games where they can do nothing but lose money by getting hurt.

These schools should have thought about "school pride" before shafting their players for years.

Comment

99.9% of these kids will never step on the field of a NFL football game, the sound business decision is to get the education they are providing.
                    Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

Well, I suppose it's a good thing I'm talking about the 0.01% of kids who are sitting out of their final bowl game, huh?

Comment

Comment

Not much of an argument about kids deciding to sit. HOWEVER, there will be some top picks that decide not to. Hence, we will be able to see some top prospects participate in bowl games and this thread is a good discussion.
                          Even with some top prospects sitting, there are lower rated players that won't sit and will be fun to watch.
                          Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

Glad to see people beginning to acknowledge the exploitation involved in college sports. Football being the worst offender.

Comment

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              For 3-4 years, these kids are nothing but a tool colleges use to make money while grossly "underpaying" them for their contribution to the school's revenues.
                              I wish I was young enough and had the skills for a school to grossly under pay me with a 4 year degree.
                              Get 'er done Matthew!

Comment

Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                I wish I was young enough and had the skills for a school to grossly under pay me with a 4 year degree.

Thankless dopes think otherwise.
                                SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
                                Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

Comment

Working...
                                X