2018 NFL draft thread -or- who's the next set of busts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UKBB View Post
    I wish I was young enough and had the skills for a school to grossly under pay me with a 4 year degree.
    Are you saying you're old with no skills?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      Are you saying you're old with no skills?
      Dilly dilly!
      Get 'er done Matthew!

Comment

Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
        Glad to see people beginning to acknowledge the exploitation involved in college sports. Football being the worst offender.
        Why do you call it exploitation?

The vast majority know they will be done with the sport once they graduate - and still can get a free education for playing.

The extreme few that earn a 1st round grade, there is no price that you can put on the media coverage that allows them to earn that. No NFL team in their right mind is going to give 1st Rd money to a HS kid. He needs exposure AND time to grow into a mans body.

The bottom line is IF any of these guys who think they are going to get drafted high are afraid they are going to get hurt an lose their meal ticket - then they SHOULDN'T step on the field to begin with. You will get hurt if you think you will.

Comment

Dilly dilly!
          lol
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
            Why do you call it exploitation?

The vast majority know they will be done with the sport once they graduate - and still can get a free education for playing.

Comment

Yep. Playing division one football is a a full time job. It is surprising that any of these kids graduate.
              Clouds are clouds. Cows are cows. The Lions are the Lions .-Andrew Heller-

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                lol
                I recommended you for a tour of the pit of misery.
                Get 'er done Matthew!

Comment

Pro tip. Bring some beer.
                  Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

Comment

I had a full ride to Auburn, never felt exploited. While i played just one year - it was a great opportunity, got to play with a few who did go on to play in the NFL.
                    Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

Attached Files
                      Clouds are clouds. Cows are cows. The Lions are the Lions .-Andrew Heller-

Comment

It's early and a lot can (and will change) change, but a couple of backs I would love the Lions to take a look at in the draft are Nick Chubb and Kerryon Johnson. Both could still be there in the 3rd round.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by FanFromCali View Post
                          It's early and a lot can (and will change) change, but a couple of backs I would love the Lions to take a look at in the draft are Nick Chubb and Kerryon Johnson. Both could still be there in the 3rd round.
                          So you sayin the Lions are likely to trade up and take one of those in the
                          2nd?
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            And Polk high never had a better DVOA.
                            Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

Comment

Cannot add anything to this excellent post.

Comment

I recommended you for a tour of the pit of misery.
                                Dilly Dilly!
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X