2018 NFL draft thread -or- who's the next set of busts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-looking-for/

Is LSU RB Derrius Guice a target for the Redskins in the draft?
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...sit/516535002/

The Lions had Boston College DE Harold Landry in for a visit.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

• Has Taven Bryan been mentioned much here as a potential pick at 20? Seems raw, but the type that great defensive coaching could turn into a beast.
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Vander Esch camp denies report on medicals
              A source close to Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch told Pro Football Weekly's Eric Edholm that an earlier report regarding the linebacker failing medical checks was untrue.

Edholm writes that his source from Vander Esch's camp "completely and vehemently denies" that the linebacker has run into issues with his medical checks. Earlier on Monday, Walter Football's Charlie Campbell reported that several teams had axed the Boise State standout from their draft boards due to health concerns. Edholm is hearing that Vander Esch was not even at combine rechecks, though. We'll cut through the smoke one way or another in a little over a week.
              Source: Eric Edholm on Twitter Apr 16 - 1:35 PM

Some Teams Have Medically Flunked Vander Esch
              Updated April 16, 2018
              By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

One of the late-rising prospects during the leadup to the 2018 NFL Draft has been Boise State linebacker Leighton Vander Esch. He put together some excellent workouts for teams, showing speed and athleticism in his 6-foot-4, 256-pound frame. Injuries limited Vander Esch to six games in 2016, but he exploded as a junior with 141 tackles with 8.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks, four passes broken up and three interceptions. That injury history, however, has still comeback to bite Vander Esch, as WalterFootball.com has learned that some teams have removed him from their draft board after was flunking him medically.

Sources from four teams said they felt Vander Esch belongs on the second day of the 2018 NFL Draft and would go there. Two other team sources thought Vander Esch could go late in the first round. One team that flunked him medically said they had a third-round grade on Vander Esch before the medical report ruled him out.

"To me, he's a third-round talent, but probably will go higher," said an AFC general manager. "He has gotten a lot of hype, but he plays soft. He's too much like Paul Posluszny for me. He's a good player and will have a lot of tackles, but most of them will come four yards downfield. He's not an impact-at-the-line guy like a Ray Lewis, Luke Kuechly, Jon Beason or Brian Urlacher."

Helping Vander Esch to go in the first round are teams not having 32 first-round grades. It varies by team, but in the final dozen picks of the first round, there will be players with second-round grades getting selected because there are not enough true first-rounders. Vander Esch could be one of those players, but medical concerns also might cause him to slide to Day 2 of the 2018 NFL Draft.

Read more: http://www.walterfootball.com/NFLHotPress#ixzz5CriKGBz9

Comment

• Rang: Rudolph being linked to Patriots
                NFL Draft Scout's Rob Rang hears that Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph has been "increasingly" tied to the New England Patriots.

As Rang notes, the Patriots have both the 23rd and 31st pick in the first round, and also have pick 43 after the Jimmy Garoppolo trade. New England needs a quarterback of the future with Tom Brady on the wrong side of 40 and no developmental signal-callers on the roster, and Rudolph's quick release could fit well in the Patriots' system. Most believe he'd be a reach at 23, but at 31 or 43, it makes a lot of sense on paper.
                Source: NFL Draft Scout Apr 14 - 12:44 PM

Comment

• Gross. Rudolph is my least favorite top QB in this class. No pocket mobility and the system he played in doesn’t translate to the NFL. I remember watching a Ok St game when Rudolph hardly moved in the pocket.... Just catch and throw. Accurate deep ball is about it.

2018 Lions draft visit tracker: Detroit hosts TE prospect Hayden Hurst for private visit
                  https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/...south-carolina

2nd Round candidate. Hurst has reliable hands at least.
                  Luke Willson, Michael Roberts, and Levine Toilolo... not that great of a TE group.
                  Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

• Comment

• Tom Brady made a career being known mostly as a pocket passer with limited mobility. I can't imagine Rudolph being a total stiff like the GOAT.

Again, college players are not finished products. One must be able to project their ability within a system.
                      SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
                      Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

Comment

• Does anyone really think the Browns can screw up this draft picking 1 and 4 ?

I see them getting Darnold and Barkley but who knows. They may pick Josh Allen ( I think will be a bust) and the OL from Notre Dame (great but the browns have more pressing needs)

I also think whoever gets Baker Mayfield will end up with the best QB in this draft.

Comment

• Yes. They are the Browns.

Comment

• Browns always do.
                            If its Josh Allen #1, seems like a big time boom or bust. #4 pick, how can you screw up with Barkley or Chubb... I'd have to be a major injury.

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Tom Brady made a career being known mostly as a pocket passer with limited mobility. I can't imagine Rudolph being a total stiff like the GOAT.
                            Again, college players are not finished products. One must be able to project their ability within a system.
                            Brady gets away with limited mobility due to perfection when it comes to pocket presence... being able to use his feet to manipulate the pocket while keeping his eyes down field. GOAT.
                            Rudolph, 95% of the time, its a 3 step drop back and throw the ball. The system thing and how Rudolph looked in it has me skeptical. Its similar to Bryce Petty, Davis Webb, Bradon Weeden, etc. Same QB basically, but better deep ball accuracy.
                            Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

• Your score is: 22706 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
                              Round 1 Pick 30 (MINN): Guice, Derrius, RB, LSU (A-)
                              Round 2 Pick 19: Green, Rasheem, DE, Southern California (A-)
                              Round 2 Pick 23 (CAR): Reid, Justin, FS, Stanford (A)
                              Round 3 Pick 18: Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (A)
                              Round 3 Pick 27 (N.O.): Thomas, Ian, TE, Indiana (A+)
                              Round 3 Pick 30 (MINN): Cain, Deon, WR, Clemson (A)
                              Round 4 Pick 17: Warner, Fred, OLB, Brigham Young (A+)
                              Round 4 Pick 27 (N.O.): Jones, Jamarco, OT, Ohio State (A+)
                              Round 5 Pick 16: Phillips, Skyler, OG, Idaho State (A+)
                              Round 5 Pick 30 (MINN): Hill, Holton, CB, Texas (A+)
                              Round 7 Pick 19: ODaniel, Dorian, OLB, Clemson (A+)

Big update at First pick.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...draft-analysis

NFL Draft Needs: Lions

Missed LG and DT

Comment

Working...
                                X