2018 NFL draft thread -or- who's the next set of busts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL draft thread -or- who's the next set of busts

From my perspective the lions need a new OL, DL, LB and RB (not to mention a complete new coaching staff). I don't think the lions will have 15-20 first round picks. So which way do they go?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018_1.php

I think Austin Bryant isn't a bad pick.
    Rebuilding is better than winning. Teams win all the time, but none have been rebuilding for five decades

RB should be Quinn's first pick.
    Get 'er done Matthew!

Comment

Originally posted by gibby View Post
      From my perspective the lions need a new OL, DL, LB and RB (not to mention a complete new coaching staff). I don't think the lions will have 15-20 first round picks. So which way do they go?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018_1.php

I think Austin Bryant isn't a bad pick.
      DEs that athletic usually go top 10.

[ame]https://youtu.be/QRQX_FnXn5k[/ame]
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

[ame]https://youtu.be/m6dpVd2zMC0[/ame]
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

So who is the best RB coming out of college this draft?
          Get 'er done Matthew!

Comment

Barkley....But he's the only one of the bunch I'd draft in the first.

If he fell to us (which I highly doubt he will) take him....if not DL all the way.

Comment

[ame]https://youtu.be/XgbNU14_h2k[/ame]

Comment

My favorite thread subject.

- Fire Caldwell and the entire staff.
                - Hire McDaniels/ Patricia and make sure the o-line coach has a brain. Coaching the o-line better is a must.
                - Draft DE, RB, DE again, OLB, DT, SS, BPA o-line. (In order of value left to right)

... because shit, can we have a pass rush and running game for once?
                Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  My favorite thread subject.

- Fire Caldwell and the entire staff.
                  - Hire McDaniels/ Patricia and make sure the o-line coach has a brain. Coaching the o-line better is a must.
                  - Draft DE, RB, DE again, OLB, DT, SS, BPA o-line. (In order of value left to right)

... because shit, can we have a pass rush and running game for once?
                  I've seen where a scheme can make any player (except those are really good or bad) look really better or terrible.

Comment

We are going to have the entire coaching staff back next year, so you have to take that into the equation.

So the question is who does Martha... Erm... Caldwell want?
                    Rebuilding is better than winning. Teams win all the time, but none have been rebuilding for five decades

Comment

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      I've seen where a scheme can make any player (except those are really good or bad) look really better or terrible.
                      like Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, etc running for 1,000 yards + in Shanahan’s zone blocked scheme.
                      or more about the o-line: how Reiff + Warford leave the Lions and look great.

Again... JBC and Ron Prince are so incompetent at helping this o-line. If the Lions magically brought over a Russ Grimm type to coach the o-line (tough to ask for), imagine the difference.

Draft a RB too.
                      Last edited by Cody_Russell; December 8th, 2017, 09:31 AM. Reason: Spell Check
                      Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

Yup. Do you think they're too close and engrained that they can't see the failings. It all probably looks great on the drawing board.

Also, I think the league has caught up (it wasn't that far) to their plays and they're (Lions coaches) just amazed they didn't work. I mean, not in a general, "They're gonna run on first down" way. But, "Ok. They're running 38 shoot." way?

Defenses that look horrible against everyone else look like the 85 Bears against us.

Comment

Clemson has 3 DL that could go in the top 15-20 picks in Bryant, Watkins and Farrell. Any of the 3 could make sense for the Lions.

Arden Key out of LSU is the freakiest prospect. Super long and explosive. He'll go top 10 on upside alone.
                          Last edited by Mainevent; December 8th, 2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                            Clemson has 3 DL that could go in the top 15-20 picks in Bryant, Watkins and Farrell. Any of the 3 could make sense for the Lions.

Arden Key out of LSU is the freakiest prospect. Super long and explosive. He'll go top 10 on upside alone.
                            What do you think of the OSU DEs?

Comment

I think Lewis is the more ready made pass rusher you could slot right in and have him provide some pressure. Hubbard has more upside from a total package perspective but hasn't put it all together. Neither of these guys is Bosa. At best late 1st guys, but probably early 2nd if I had to guess right now. And the OSU D-line is so talented and deep, I think it impacts individual stats to a certain degree.

Comment

Working...
                              X