No announcement yet.

New Lions coaching candidates for 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really enamored with McDaniels. Patricia either. Vrabel has my curiosity a bit. HATED the Cladwell hire at the time and he has proven to be the POS I thought he was.
    Last edited by DanO; December 26th, 2017, 08:23 PM.
    GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

Lions expected to make a play for.Gruden according to Terry Foster

Comment

1. Frank Reich, Eagles OC
        2. Matt LaFleur, Rams OC
        3. Josh McDaniels, Patriots OC
        4. Matt Patricia, Patriots DC
        5. George Edwards, Vikings DC

I would be good with any of these five. Matt LaFleur is young, but he has already build an impressive resume. He could be a good "get" a year before he becomes the top name out there.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

Comment

Not sure how I’d feel about that. Gruden’s been on easy street for nearly a decade.

Comment

No on Austin or Cooter (although Austin will likely be interviewed). No on Gruden as well. (The initial buzz around the team would be huge, but he is overrated as a coach.) I would also not be excited about O'Brien (if he was let go).

I'm not sure about Vrabel. Like DanO wrote, I am curious.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

Comment

I'm not too keen on Gruden either. He's the ultimate definition of a retread. It would be like Shanahan in Washington
              The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

From the Redskins forum, sounds like moving from Caldwell to Jay Gruden wouldn’t change much.

Jay Gruden: Buy or Sell 2017 edition
                http://es.redskins.com/topic/417032-...-2017-edition/
                Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

Lovie Smith.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

1. Josh McDaniels (Pats OC)- even after I watched him tear down the Broncos. He is young enough and has the offensive mind needed in Detroit. His love of Tebow.....Yikes, but like stated above he will not have as much power in Detroit.

2. Todd Haley (Steelers OC)- another retread who deserves another shot. Just because Big Ben hates him doesn't mean the guy can't coach!

3. Dave Taub (Chiefs ST Cooridinator)- Dude has great ST where ever he goes. Another ST guy he has worked with has became a pretty good coach...John Harbaugh

4. Frank Reich (Eagles OC)- Eagles have a lot of weapons...Elite TE (umm), Above Avg WRs (ok), Stable of RBs (hmmm), Top 10 QB (ok). Make for an interesting draft!

5. Matt Lefleur (OC Rams)- Hot team always has a name in the ring. Matt Patricia (Pats DE)- Doubt they go defense. Jim Swartz (Eagles DC)- May be the first Lions HC to get a second shot, just won't be in Detroit!

Comment

All I know is that I want a coach who "gets" in game situational football, and knows when to step on the throat of the opponent and when to kill the clock. Attack on both sides of the ball until you don't have to.

Who that guy is I don't know.
                      Let the apathy flow through you.

Comment

Originally posted by FanFromCali View Post
                        1. Frank Reich, Eagles OC
                        2. Matt LaFleur, Rams OC
                        3. Josh McDaniels, Patriots OC
                        4. Matt Patricia, Patriots DC
                        5. George Edwards, Vikings DC

I would be good with any of these five. Matt LaFleur is young, but he has already build an impressive resume. He could be a good "get" a year before he becomes the top name out there.
                        I forgot about Reich. That's not a bad choice.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Hard to get excited about Guden....but I feel the same way about most of the candidates. My feelings on Gruden would probably have more to do with the coordinators he hired....his best case scenario would be a Dick Vermeil type guy- cheerleader on the sidelines who lets the OC/DC do the heavy lifting. But I don’t think we have to worry much about Gruden as he’ll probably want more front office control than Quinn/Wood/Martha is willing to give up.

My choices:
                          1. Reich
                          2. Arians
                          3. McDaniels
                          4. Edwards
                          5. Gruden

Vrabel and the Lafleur, I don’t think they’ve been coaching long enough but they’re interesting. Lefleur would probably get the most consideration because of his offensive work and Michigan ties. Vrabel strikes me as apoor man’s Del Rio at this point.

He’ll no to Patricia I’d rather have Austin. Patricia’s defenses are rarely spectacular....currently rated at 28th in yards. Brady bails him out.

Comment

Taub is an interesting guy. He’s so good at ST, but can he run a whole team? I mean Marinelli was/is a great D line coach. Not only was he a terrible head coach but the D line sucked when he was here.

Comment

There's an article at POD that says 13 teams could be looking for a HC this year. With that kind of turnover we might be in for some competition.

Arizona
                              NYG
                              Colts
                              Bears
                              Cincy
                              Browns
                              Bucs
                              Denver
                              Cowboys
                              Jets
                              Skins
                              Titans

and last but not least the Lions
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I would have liked Gruden a decade ago but he's been out of coaching for awhile now and I think he's content in the booth. His name came up years ago when we hired Caldwell. I'm not falling for it again
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X