No announcement yet.

New Lions coaching candidates for 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would take Jon Gruden over a lot of the candidates league wide. There is no perfect candidate. I would take McDaniels over him, but every one else listed is meh.

Comment

I would take Arians as well just for CVGT. The shaudenfreude would be epic.

Comment

Yeah, apparently Taub is well respected around the league and many people commented on how much he knows about football in general. But at the same time he has not been a coordinator at any level, let alone a head coach. I wish the guy well but that's a reach that is just a bit too far for me.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by FanFromCali View Post
          Yeah, apparently Taub is well respected around the league and many people commented on how much he knows about football in general. But at the same time he has not been a coordinator at any level, let alone a head coach. I wish the guy well but that's a reach that is just a bit too far for me.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            I would take Jon Gruden over a lot of the candidates league wide. There is no perfect candidate. I would take McDaniels over him, but every one else listed is meh.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I would take Arians as well just for CVGT. The shaudenfreude would be epic.
              Ha! The fucking mad genius....
              Clouds are clouds. Cows are cows. The Lions are the Lions .-Andrew Heller-

Comment

I’d probably take Gruden too, but I’d be worried as shit that he wouldn’t be into it and would retire in like 2 years.

My preference is a young first timer. Sure, you can swing and miss, but if you hit you’ve set yourself up for a long run. The Schwartz hire didn’t work out in the end but it was the exact type of hire I wanted and I want to see the same type of move again.

Comment

I don't mind the first timer aspect, but I don't trust the Lions to hire a first timer.

I think if Gruden is coming back, he is all in. I don't think you get a half into it guy.

Comment

Jim Caldwell is a candidate for head coach next year too.
                    Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                      Jim Caldwell is a candidate for head coach next year too.

Yeah, I hope he goes to da Bears........

Comment

Originally posted by FanFromCali View Post
                        1. Frank Reich, Eagles OC
                        2. Matt LaFleur, Rams OC
                        3. Josh McDaniels, Patriots OC
                        4. Matt Patricia, Patriots DC
                        5. George Edwards, Vikings DC
                        What sucks is all of these coaches, excluding McDaniels, are just Jim Schwartz again. The head coach of their current team has a speciality in their area and this would be their first head coach job.
                        I guess that is what you have to do with the NFL... a lot of uncertainty.

Example: LaFleur is offensive coordinator for the Rams. McVay actually is the offensive guy there. LaFleur, never been a head coach.
                        Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

You just described McVay last year with Gruden in Washington. One or two of these guys are going to be the next good coaches in this league. You just have to hope you pick correctly.
                          Last edited by Mainevent; December 26th, 2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

I'd be okay with Jon Gruden too. He doesn't seem like a guy that would half-ass it. That said, I would assume he would want control anywhere he went so I assume he wouldn't want to coach under Quinn. I'd like to see how he would handle Stafford.

I don't like the idea of McDaniels or Patricia. If one of those guys was hired, it would make me worried that Quinn can't think for himself.

I am intrigued by Arians. If I'm not mistaken, he was the OC in Pitt and had Roethlesberger playing at a high level, was the OC in Indy and had Luck playing at his best, and as head coach in AZ he had Palmer playing at a high level. If he came here as head coach or OC, I would be eager for the new season to start.

Comment

With all these job openings, Teryl Austin should get his shot this year. If he takes the Brownies to 8-8 we will all know he could have done 12-4 for us.
                              Originally posted by The_Strategy_Expert
                              I promise to deliver Super Bowl victories

Comment

Haha, Jon Gruden.
                                I thought Papa Johns named him as a possible candidate to be their new CEO.

Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

Working...
                                X