New Lions coaching candidates for 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lions coaching candidates for 2018

Look up what McDaniels did as head coach of Denver in 2009-2010. Not good.maybe he can learn since then.....

Comment

Assuming Caldwell is fired, and I'm still of the belief that I will believe it when I see it, at least if they hired Patricia or McDaniels I wouldn't immediately hate the choice like I did when they hired Caldwell.
      The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

We hired the OC from a team that was at the bottom of the league for offense. It was a genius hire.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I read an article about how much work McDaniels has put in and how hard he was on himself from his time in a Denver. I wouldn’t mind the hire at all.

I’d have preferred him or Kyle Shanahan last year but I guess it better late than never
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

In a NFL where Ben McAdoo, Jim Tomsula, and Vance Joseph get head coach jobs... isn’t like a top of the line candidate would be willing to move to Detroit. Most head coach hires are uninspiring and only sound nice because of change.
            McDaniels? He wouldn’t be given player personnel responsibility with Quinn here. I believe McDaniels made a lot of questionable moves in Denver... kind of like Chip Kelly tearing apart the Eagles.
            I’d be on par with my excitement of hiring Schwartz when it comes to McDaniels.
            Caldwell? Gotta look at the old thread in 2014, but I was with Tim Allen.

Top 10 ways Josh McDaniels has destroyed the Denver Broncos
            http://www.westword.com/news/top-10-...roncos-5895750
            Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

Except Chip Kelly actually had GM-like powers. Not sure that was the case with McDaniels.

Comment

lol same conversation four years ago ... and yes CGVT, Chip Kelly didn't last long in the NFL.

Coaching Wish List
                http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...ead.php?t=6375

Most, if not all, of us didn't like this.

Breaking News: Lions hire Jim caldwell LOL
                http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...ead.php?t=6432

Same old Caldwell in 2014.

Caldwell is clueless coach and didn't prepare team
                http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...ead.php?t=6672
                Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                  Except Chip Kelly actually had GM-like powers. Not sure that was the case with McDaniels.
                  I thought McDaniels had player personnel power while in Denver. At least Xanders was promoted a month after McDaniels was hired. ... part of the Cassel for Cutler. drama was created by McDaniels.

"But Xanders never had final say on roster decisions under Shanahan, McDaniels or Elway, who took over as vice president of football operations last year."
                  Broncos, GM Brian Xanders part ways
                  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...ders-part-ways
                  Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

Only ones that I was aware of that had that were Belichek and Carroll.

Comment

Yeah, it was a big deal that McDaniels got the full keys to the football operation. Rarely works.

McDaniels would be as good on paper as any candidate. You just never know with these guys. I like DeFillipo from Philly but what do I know. And I would give McDaniels an exception, but other than him no retreads.

Comment

I'm not completely sold on Josh McDaniels but I do think he can bring some flare to the offense. Bill O'Brien could be on the way out in Houston and I would love to have the Lions interview him as well and make sure he doesn't leave Detroit.
                        Last edited by Lionsfan123; December 26th, 2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Teryl Austin
                          Originally posted by The_Strategy_Expert
                          I promise to deliver Super Bowl victories

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                            Teryl Austin
                            Fuck no
                            The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                              Fuck no

Comment

Working...
                              X