I cannot believe I lived to see another 0-16 team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masterful trolling. Well done.
    Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

Comment

I see dwt is starting off 2018 as angry as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I see dwt is starting off 2018 as angry as ever.
        And as accurate as ever. It must piss you off that every year you’re thinking this is the year DWT1 is proven wrong, and every year Mediocre Matty proves me correct. Doesn’t that just piss you off?

Just think five more years!!!! I’ll make a shit load of money, and you’ll be........
        Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

What other people think of Jim Bob Cooter:

Jim Bob Cooter
          https://gotitans.com/threads/jim-bob-cooter.99148/
          Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

I don't get it... all I see is this:

This message is hidden because dwt1 is on your ignore list.
            Let the apathy flow through you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Jim Bob Cooter
              Yeah, the national narrative on Cooter is VERY different than what most of us on the board have.

I myself have been guilty of throwing Cooter under the bus but I also have to admit looking at the offense with a reasonable perspective it is kind of remarkable the numbers both Stafford and his receivers are putting up without a running game.

Now, with that said it's that lack of a running game that has helped drive our negative opinion of Cooter, but how much of that is his fault is up for debate. I really think ultimately it is more of a personnel issue. Add a couple of pieces to the line (LG and C) and add a real running back to the offense and we could see an even more dynamic offense under him.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

Comment

IKR? Why does he keep repeating that?
                Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

Comment

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Jim Bob Cooter
                  Originally posted by dsred View Post
                  I don't get it... all I see is this:

This message is hidden because dwt1 is on your ignore list.
                  Even on the Titans forum?
                  The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

That is a Tennessee board. It is just what you would expect.
                    Clouds are clouds. Cows are cows. The Lions are the Lions .-Andrew Heller-

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                      I guess hiring a bunch of sabermetric baseball guys to run your football team doesn't translate into wins.

Saber Metrics can play a part. Not in the way the Browns were playing it. Knowing the hit rate on draft picks and the time to mature in the league was never going to be in the favor, but using Saber metrics to make them seem invaluable (to the point of basically paying 16 million for a 2nd round pick), was never going to be good.

I have been saying this over and over in draft threads for years but a lot of people here and apparently the Browns GM put waaaaay to much value on draft picks. You don't want to not be able to get cheap labor out of developing players till fill out your roster. Getting good players that you get pro bowl like performance out of when they are at the cheapest is something you hope for. But even picking a top 5 pick in round 1, you don't always get that.

It would work better in FA. Where you plug in tons of actual production in the nfl information and possibly get good info on Value. But really that doesn't work because injury is a much bigger and less predictable issue in the NFL and you aren't choosing batting order and pitching schedule and deciding when to pull the starting pitcher. The NFL offensive and Defensive systems are way to different from coach to coach to accurately project productive value properly.
                      AAL-Nevin Lawson.

Comment

No they can't.

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          No they can't.
                          At its core sabermetrics is about maximising value by looking at more than the big numbers (like lets say a receivers Catches, yards, and TDs). Looking at something like Yards after catch, yards after contact, catch percentage and so on can help you find under utilized players and sign them at value.

I don't know if that is really sabermetrics or sabermetrics by the Browns because the one place it would be usable is FA. But you can certainly find ways to incorporating advanced statistics into scouting. But no way could a team get away with moneyball approach to football.
                          AAL-Nevin Lawson.

Comment

Originally Posted by dwt1 View Post
                            Stafford banged the girl I wanted. And Barry wouldn't sign my diary!
                            Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                            You poor dear.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                              At its core sabermetrics is about maximising value by looking at more than the big numbers (like lets say a receivers Catches, yards, and TDs). Looking at something like Yards after catch, yards after contact, catch percentage and so on can help you find under utilized players and sign them at value.

I don't know if that is really sabermetrics or sabermetrics by the Browns because the one place it would be usable is FA. But you can certainly find ways to incorporating advanced statistics into scouting. But no way could a team get away with moneyball approach to football.
                              It is a waste of time. Football performance is too dependent on other players and factors.

What would the advanced stats say about Jordy Fuckface Nelson? He sucks without Aaron Rogers throwing the ball to him?

Advanced stats are stupid.

Comment

CGVT has a point. In baseball, the metrics you get are far less teammate influenced, and as such the advanced numbers can be extremely useful at getting to the core of what a player is capable of, though even then it can still get muddy, especially with defensive metrics.

While there are some advanced stats in football that are individual based, there's not nearly as many, and as such can't paint as complete of a picture.

That said, CGVT's complete dismissal of advanced metrics is just another "Old Man Yells at Cloud" moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X