Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/...e-e0e9a89f90c2

Breaking down the Browns’ 2017 NFL Draft class
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• There is an element of masochism to being a Lions fan but what was it actually like being there during the Millen era?

It almost looked like there was a bit of gallows humour going on with the Millen man march etc?

Comment

• Good times. Good times.
        Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

Comment

• This is an accurate visual description of the Millen years:

The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• Was he hated as a person or just deemed completely incompetent?

He seemed to care but just be hopelessly overpromoted by the Ford family, hugely out of his depth and hideously overpaid.

I saw "A football life" about him and his time at the Lions and have to admit I was laughing at the Millen man march.

He was actually surprisingly complimentary about Detroit fans.

Comment

• A gif?
              Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

Comment

• He was stubborn to a fault and inexperienced at running a football team. Two bad traits to have when you're the team president. He had a good advisor in Vince Tobin hid first year and did not retain him afterwards. He made bad coaching hires, drafted poorly, and the only reason he isn't the GM today is because Junior said something.
                The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• And the old man died. I doubt Martha would find his act "likable."
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I actually think the browns are in a worse spot than the 2008 Lions.
                    In Quinn We Trust??

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                      He was stubborn to a fault and inexperienced at running a football team. Two bad traits to have when you're the team president.
                      If you ask that piece of shit Millen he would say that he "acquiesced too much".

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                        I actually think the browns are in a worse spot than the 2008 Lions.
                        Disagree. They have some talent on both sides of the ball and a real GM now. Not a MILLIOT or MILLENHEW.
                        SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
                        Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                          I actually think the browns are in a worse spot than the 2008 Lions.
                          It's a Coop sighting!

Nice to see ya fella!!!!

......and I disagree.

Browns have the 1, 4, and I believe 2 second round picks with $100 Mil to spend under the cap.

Not quite a worse spot than the Lions were in after their goose egg season.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• In Quinn We Trust??

Comment

• Yeah but that's the key Coop remember we didn't have Stafford after going 0-16 either.

When we went 0-16 we Calvin, Mulbach, Hanson, and that was it. The Browns might not have two as good as the big two on that list, but they have more than enough good players. One reason why I think they shouldn't have kept Jackson.
                              AAL-Nevin Lawson.

Comment

• The Lions didn't have a starting QB until after the draft, either. Unless you want to consider the corpse of Daunte Culpepper a QB, I suppose. And while, yes, people were buying tickets to see Drew Stanton, I don't think he was going to be the answer, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X