No announcement yet.

2018 NFL FA Thread - or a discussion about a bunch of dudes we won't sign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still only have 1 ball. Tate, Jones, Jones & Golladay prevent enough matchup problems already. Dez won't add anything to the group beyond depth in my opinion. And I'm not saying he's 5th best of the group.

Tate/Jones/Bryant
    Tate/Jones/Golladay
    Tate/Jones/Bryant/Jones
    Bryant/Jones/Gollday/Jones
    Tate/Golladay/Bryant

whatever combination you want doesn't change the overall effectiveness of the group. They are redundant.
    Forever One!

Comment

• he cant' get separation and hasn't been able to make teams pay for one on one coverage.
      Very Lion like...

Comment

• Originally posted by FanFromCali View Post
        I would be fine with that as, to your point, the Lions absolutely need a LG.

However, ultimately I don't think they need to go first round with one. The draft is deep at that position and there a couple prospects that should be around in the second round that could be an immediate starter.
        Oh I we're in lock-step on this. Doesn't mean Bobby and Matty see it that way. Prepare;-)
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
          still only have 1 ball. Tate, Jones, Jones & Golladay prevent enough matchup problems already. Dez won't add anything to the group beyond depth in my opinion. And I'm not saying he's 5th best of the group.

Tate/Jones/Bryant
          Tate/Jones/Golladay
          Tate/Jones/Bryant/Jones
          Bryant/Jones/Gollday/Jones
          Tate/Golladay/Bryant

whatever combination you want doesn't change the overall effectiveness of the group. They are redundant.
          Redundant isn't a bad thing, assuming a player wasn't too expensive. Not only does it increase options an in some cases the force coverage changes in different formations and create a really strong 4 receiver set. But also it would mean that we aren't down 1 or 2 capable receivers when someone inevitably gets injured. Specially if we still don't have a running game and without a decent receiver at TE.

That said I don't like Bryant. I think he will be too expensive for 3rd/4th receiver. He has always had an attitude problem I haven't really liked. It will be worse when he is only getting a handful of targets a game.
          AAL-Nevin Lawson.

Comment

• Bruce Carter - LB -*Free Agent

Free agent LB Bruce Carter worked out for the Lions.

It's the first interest in Carter this offseason. The Lions also visited with Keenan Robinson and Andrew Gachkar.

Source:*Ian Rapoport on Twitter

May 2 - 5:40 P
            SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• In the vet WR dept.......Jeremy Maclin is still out there. Would be a solid 4th WR if he came on the cheap. We need a little depth in case of injury.

Comment

• Yeah, but is Maclin playing on ST? I know he can return punts, but is he going to tackle on returns?

Comment

• I'd prefer TJ Jones to Maclin at this point in their careers, not even a question.
                  Forever One!

Comment

• Teams are already signing their draftees. Any Lions news?

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      Teams are already signing their draftees. Any Lions news?
                      That's not an issue anymore with the scale contracts
                      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                        Teams are already signing their draftees. Any Lions news?
                        Mini camp is next week ... I'd expect you'd see some action then. When was the last time the Lions didn't get a rookie signed?
                        Forever One!

Comment

• Opinion:

Detroit Lions predicted to land Connor Barwin in free agency

ByMAX DEMARA Jul 11, 10:12 AM

https://247sports.com/nfl/detroit-li...ncy-119727035/

Comment

• Jonathan Hankins!!!!!!!
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• George Iloka - DB - Vikings

Vikings signed S George Iloka, formerly of the Bengals, to a one-year contract.

Iloka flirted with the Raiders and Vikings, where both of his former defensive coordinators now coach. He joins a Minnesota defense that is completely stacked at all three levels and gives the team a third safety for sub-packages. Iloka is big enough where he could also play some dime linebacker. Iloka's addition isn't expected to have an impact on Andrew Sendejo's job.

Related: Bengals
                              Aug 22 - 11:36 AM

Comment

• The rich get richer
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X