No announcement yet.

Considering a forum change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry folks...I've been away awhile also...then. on June 28th, I was fired from my job again...About the only good thing happening lately was i did manage to get my season tickets paid for... even though the friend who was going to go with me this year backed out again( be prepared for more 'I have a ticket for the game this week, who's Joining me!!' threads)....and for the first time in a couple years, I had the whole weekend off, without using vacation!!

But all is not lost, two interviews for jobs coming up tomorrow and Thursday, one at a bank on Thursday(NO weekend hours, better benefits, maybe a bit less pay, 2nd interview on Thursday) and one at a IT company(more pay, good references from people who used to work with me at the old company, and quite possibly Sundays at least off).

Last edited by holyterror; July 10th, 2018, 08:27 PM. Reason: typing on a phone is difficult...

Comment

• Good Luck terror. My son is in the same boat . Worked 6 months (supposed to be a 90 day trial) and let go. A nice way to prevent benefits by the shithole company.

Comment

• Deb--- is there anyway to put the links on the new forum--the Detroit news, freep, Michigan live, espn, etc.?? It was handy to click on these to get other lions perspectives.

Comment

• Terry,

Good luck on those interviews. You've got this.

Dan V,

Sorry about your son's plight. Good thing is, there are more jobs than workers to hire these days. Have him get up on that horse again.
          SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
          Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

Comment

• QUICK! SOMEONE CALL THE CIA, NSA, FBI, BSA, AARP, whoever! It's a YT sighting!

I'm on here since Tapatalk crapped out on my phone. I didn't read the whole thread (getting lazier in my old age).

I'm more than willing to help $ wise. Deb, send me a PM where to send you the $. Do you take pesos?

Comment

• Originally posted by holyterror View Post
              Sorry folks...I've been away awhile also...then. on June 28th, I was fired from my job again...About the only good thing happening lately was i did manage to get my season tickets paid for... even though the friend who was going to go with me this year backed out again( be prepared for more 'I have a ticket for the game this week, who's Joining me!!' threads)....and for the first time in a couple years, I had the whole weekend off, without using vacation!!

But all is not lost, two interviews for jobs coming up tomorrow and Thursday, one at a bank on Thursday(NO weekend hours, better benefits, maybe a bit less pay, 2nd interview on Thursday) and one at a IT company(more pay, good references from people who used to work with me at the old company, and quite possibly Sundays at least off).
              Sorry for the tough time but sounds like another door is about to open for you, hang in there!!
              Dogs rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                Deb--- is there anyway to put the links on the new forum--the Detroit news, freep, Michigan live, espn, etc.?? It was handy to click on these to get other lions perspectives.
                Possibly, yes. I'll try to look into it later this week.
                Dogs rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                  QUICK! SOMEONE CALL THE CIA, NSA, FBI, BSA, AARP, whoever! It's a YT sighting!

I'm on here since Tapatalk crapped out on my phone. I didn't read the whole thread (getting lazier in my old age).

I'm more than willing to help $ wise. Deb, send me a PM where to send you the $. Do you take pesos?
                  YT! So good to see you!! Tapatalk is no longer installed here but with the new forum software it shouldn't be needed. Look for the Amazon link and the Donate link at the top of the page, if interested. Pesos are accepted. ;)
                  Dogs rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Possibly, yes. I'll try to look into it later this week.
                    Thanks!!!

Comment

• Today(Wed) interview went Very well!! co-workers talked me up enough it felt more like a formality. Last question i asked was what is the next step. I was told, probably a call next week for a 2nd interview. I brought up that I was having a second interview at a Bank today(Thursday, in about 9 hours). His answer was to keep them informed, and if i got an offer, let him know as they may counter offer before I have 2nd interview...

Things are good when they value your experience...

Comment

• ......good idea letting them know someone else is interested, Terry. It should help to make them decide a bit quicker and maybe you can leverage a bit more in bennies. Best of luck landing one of the prospects.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                          Deb--- is there anyway to put the links on the new forum--the Detroit news, freep, Michigan live, espn, etc.?? It was handy to click on these to get other lions perspectives.
                          Hi, Dan. Look for the "Lions Links" at the top of the page. Hope this helps.
                          Dogs rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Hi, Dan. Look for the "Lions Links" at the top of the page. Hope this helps.
                            UPDATE:

I found the Lions Links within the Menu drop down (see three little bars on the upper left side of the screen). It works.

Deb,

After closing the link and coming back in, I'm not seeing the Lions links on my cell in either mobile or desktop mode. Nor in portrait or landscape mode.

I know this stuff has to be taking a lot of your time and just want to let you know that I appreciate it. Also, I don't use the function much so I'm only sharing this info as an FYI.

Happy Friday.
                            Last edited by Panoptes; July 13th, 2018, 09:49 AM.
                            SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
                            Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

Comment

• Thanks, G. You are correct, the link on mobile devices is through the menu on the upper left side of the screen. Glad you were able to find it.
                              Dogs rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by holyterror View Post
                                Today(Wed) interview went Very well!! co-workers talked me up enough it felt more like a formality. Last question i asked was what is the next step. I was told, probably a call next week for a 2nd interview. I brought up that I was having a second interview at a Bank today(Thursday, in about 9 hours). His answer was to keep them informed, and if i got an offer, let him know as they may counter offer before I have 2nd interview...

Things are good when they value your experience...
                                Congrats holyterror. Sorry you had to lose your job again though.

Good to see you back you YT.
                                GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

Working...
                                X