No announcement yet.

ND 24, Michigan 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything relies on the offensive line and quarterback play... If these areas are good, Michigan's offense will be very good...

Problem the last few seasons is when put up against good competition, they could barely move the chains let alone get in the end zone.

Comment

I'll be disappointed if our defense is not at least a Top 15-ish unit. Hurst is a big loss but recruiting there was excellent in 2016/2017 and we have more options this year in the defensive backfield than we had last year. Also -- Dwumfor has been getting such rave reviews that he seems like a likely part of the *good 50%. It needs to be good since we have about one or two more years until most of the talent from the '16 and '17 classes is gone and Don Brown is once again working with the Boston College level talent of the subsequent classes.

*A good rule for practice rumors is that 50% of what you hear that is good is true and 100% of what you hear that is bad is true.
      Last edited by Hannibal; August 19, 2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I like the Hannibal 50% / 100% rule. Sounds about right. Let's hope that Patterson is also on the right side of the 50% rule. Word seems to be that he's the starter for sure.

Comment

What he means is 100% of what you hear is bad.

Comment

Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Low 69F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
            SSW 9 mph Humidity 91%

Obviously anything can change between now and then, but if the showers stick to the afternoon early evening, the game should be okay. Maybe clearing after the start of the game. Tailgate might not be the most comfy though. Still all guesses at this point.

Comment

From a gambling perspective, this game is pretty interesting. M is currently and has been roughly a 60/40 betting favorite. Yet, the line has gone from M -2 to M +1.5 If you were really reading the tea leaves you'd say the books like ND and are guarding against last minute sharp money hosing them.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

I wish that this game was still the previously arranged contest against Arkansas. ND -- meh.

Comment

M would jackhammer Arkansas and get credit because SEC!!!!!!!!!!!

Although, to be fair, I think you only get credit for beating an SEC Team if you're an SEC Team. Then it's SEC is WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise, I don't think it counts.

Notre Dame has shown that it can play with some damn good teams over the past couple years. I'm not sure how good Wimbush will be or how well they'll rebuild their OL (that Harry dude seems to do a really good job with the OL), and I think they're undertalented on defense. But, it's not a gimme game. They're way better than the dogshit that was Florida last year. I think they're better than the Utah team in 2015 (but, M is way better than 2015).

Comment

No, no, everyone gets credit (see: UCF last season).
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Alabam"Alum" is harboring a hateful grudge against UCF on account of their rough and tumble past.

Comment

M vs. Flying Marty's

Lucifer vs. Satan
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Running theme of this rivalry is that the team that wins gets way too much credit.

Comment

Originally posted by drok View Post
                            Running theme of this rivalry is that the team that wins gets way too much credit.
                            The theme of this year's game is going to be whether or not Michigan has effectively cleared out the stink that was last season. I think we'll have a clear indication of where this season will go by halftime. It will pretty much define, to me at least, if Harbaugh is really the guy that we expected him to be.

Comment

Agree in part. This is, to me, a must win for JH as it pertains to the point you make. Is he the guy or not? A loss would tell me probably not and M will be a perennial also ran. It's interesting that I really don't mind that. I've lost some of the expectations of the past that were wildly unrealistic. M has some natural barriers to competing at an NC level on the regular. Harbaugh hasn't elevated recruiting or on field performance like most expected. Maybe he will prove he can this season at lealeaslealeast on the field and that may elevate recruiting. Hope he can but I won'tgo nutz if he can't. You cant help but like the guy. I want him at M no matter. I dont 'think there is better fit out there.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 30, 2018, 06:04 PM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Agree Jeff, I wouldn't want anyone else but Harbaugh as HC

Comment

Working...
                                X