Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Michigan @ Michigan, Saturday, Sept. 8th, Noon EDT, FS1/FSgo Video

Ahemmm ...... moving on.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Lots of room for improvement, except for kick returns.

Comment

Not a prediction, just curious...when's the last time Michigan lost to a non-Sparty instate school?

Comment

So begins the march to 5-1. Western is very average this year. Should be an asshammering.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

SMU got their tails whipped by North Texas too. Shouldn't be much heartburn over that one either.

Comment

That would include EMU, WMU and CMU. I did a quick search back to 1970 and could not find a win v. M even when these teams were marginally good. EMU has never been even marginally good. Both CMU and WMU have had their moments in the spotlight though. I don't think M started playing MAC teams on the regular until the 3 game OOC format came into being. That wasn't until the 90s?
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              That would include EMU, WMU and CMU. I did a quick search back to 1970 and could not find a win v. M even when these teams were marginally good. EMU has never been even marginally good. Both CMU and WMU have had their moments in the spotlight though. I don't think M started playing MAC teams on the regular until the 3 game OOC format came into being. That wasn't until the 90s?
              OSU's last loss was in like 1912 to I think Cincinnati? I assumed Michigan's was way back in time as well. There was an almost 60-year stretch where we never played other instate teams.

Comment

Oops it was 1921 - Oberlin. How'd I forget that...

Comment

How could you forget UM vs, Toledo.? One of RR's greatest accomplishments as a UM coach. (setting records for the worst losses in UM history) Anyone who watched Syracuse v WMU and UM-ND can't consider this game a lock

Comment

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                      How could you forget UM vs, Toledo.? One of RR's greatest accomplishments as a UM coach. (setting records for the worst losses in UM history) Anyone who watched Syracuse v WMU and UM-ND can't consider this game a lock
                      Wrong. Toledo is, as Cody points out, in ohio. Check your geography........

...... and I already told you to STFU with the doom and gloom. You will have an opportunity to put your money where your doom and gloom is after I come up with a spread on the WMU worth offering you a bet on.

Comment

Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                        While that IS a pleasant memory, yeah, I meant instate and not just anyone in the MAC.

Anyways I checked myself and it's possible Michigan's never lost to any instate team other than MSU. I went back to 1900. I thought maybe there'd be a random loss to a team like Detroit in there but nope.

Comment

Please, let's try to live in the modern age of CFB as M fans are constantly told by you guys.

Comment

Yes but you guys own bragging rights over...<<checks notes>>...the Detroit Athletic Club and...Olivet College? Yowza, them's no small potatoes! 23 skidoo!

Comment

Heh. Now, go away while we mourn yesterday's loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X