Michigan 56, Nebraska 10.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 56, Nebraska 10.

Big Ten Opener for M. The Big Ten in general and M in particular are still hard to figure out. Is Michigan any good? Nebraska? As talent says, not as good nor as bad as we might see them this Sunday. I watch M football a lot closer than I do Neb. I know M is not that good and is hamstrung on a bunch of levels. I think the scheme Harbaugh runs, although it is what it is and I've argued M can win with it, I'm moving towards the center on this issue. It may be a consistent winner within the middle of the BT but not at the top of it and certainly not in games against teams at the top of the SEC, ACC and probably the Big and Pac 12. I think M's offense risks losses in games v. G5 teams too and others who have the athletes and schemes to score a lot of points in a hurry. I absolutely hate it when Harbaugh invites close games with his plodding offense that plays to a high risk defense where one lucky bounce or big play can destroy that approach and produce a loss. I felt that way yesterday a bit and for a while even though the game was in hand after M went up 28-7.

I think Nebraska with A-Mart is a game that could be won on such terms. Without him or if he is limited in his run game, no. I think there will be more games like this against BIG teams with a pulse. That is sad in that M's history of the past, the very distant pass, is one of dominating BIG opponents. That was a different era and I think Harbaugh, in the current era of CFB, is playing an unusual outlier for a CFB offense. That's consistent with who he is though and he remains, for now, M's best option. It's an interesting conundrum for M fans who yearn for a return to championship football.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 16, 2018, 03:41 PM.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

If AM plays: 27-24 UM.
      If AM doesn't play: 31-10 UM

This will probably be Harbaugh's only victory over Scott Frost. Kind of like how we beat Dantonio in 2007 because of a cavernous gap in talent.
      Last edited by Hannibal; September 16, 2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Through two games Nebraska has:

21 penalties
        6 turnovers

Their defense has produced 10 sacks. They'll likely get at least 5 against us.

If they pick this week to clean up the mistakes then they'll pull off the upset. And if that happens then calls for Harbaugh's head are going to start ramping up.

Comment

UNL will have 5 turnovers against Michigan's D and at least 12 Penalties. 41-10 Michigan... and it won't be that close
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Troy had 12 first downs and 253 total yards. that's it.. and won.
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

That's not all that encouraging. Mistakes could keep happening or they could get cleaned up. I never want to rely on being +2 on turnovers to win a game.

You guys are 3-1 against us this century and you and Wiz have expected to lose each one of those so STFU already.

Comment

Late news but Vegas posted the spread sometime this morning. M's at -18.

That may be the most reasonable spread I've seen so far this season for M. M is currently 1-2 ATS. You can bet M won't cover these huge spreads that are usually out there and win.

M has been extremely efficient on offense although you'd not think that after the game v. SMU on Saturday. I haven't read a post that didn't express hate being in the stands for this game. Brian at mgo was particularly harsh. My sentiments exactly. Worth a read:

https://mgoblog.com/content/we-have-...inda-sucks-now

Their defense (Total D) is ranked in the top 15 after 3 games and you wouldn't think that either after Porche torched M's secondary.

M is ranked #15 in ESPN's Power Rankings and #10 in S&P+. Nebraska is #46.

On paper, M should beat the spread but since they rarely do, this game is probably going to be frustratingly close. A-MART may not play, I guess, but Higdon and Evans are both injured and may not play either. Harbaugh, as usual, provides nothing of value in trying to figure out if those two are OK. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe not.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

If A-Mart plays there's no way that we cover.

Comment

I think you're right. Spread should be about -3.5 M with Martinez playing.

Comment

M has been extremely efficient on offense although you'd not think that after the game v. SMU on Saturday. I haven't read a post that didn't express hate being in the stands for this game. Brian at mgo was particularly harsh. My sentiments exactly. Worth a read:
                      Best post that Brian has written in a while. The Don Canhams and Roone Arledges of the world built the institution that we grew up loving, in its current form. Since then, the Dave Brandons and Disneys of the world have cynically milked it for all that it's worth. Boy does it suck watching 100 IQ leeches like those guys get rich by simply monetizing what someone else built.

Comment

An update on Martinez from Frost at his presser yesterday..........

Frost said true freshman quarterback Adrian Martinez, who started against Colorado but got hurt late and missed the Troy game, practiced on Monday. However, Frost said, it could be a game day decision as to whether Martinez can play at Michigan. "Until I hear from trainers that he's progressed to a point that there's no risk of further injury, than we'd be foolish to play him."

Comment

If Martinez doesn't play, then this should be a fairly enjoyable and stress free affair.

Comment

Fun read ...... who would have won a 1997 ball game between Tom Osborn's undefeated Corn Huskers and Lloyd Carr's undefeated Wolverines?

Comment

Fun read? Frost beats Woodson? Fuck that shit!

Comment

Working...
                              X