No announcement yet.

Michigan 56, Nebraska 10.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough estimate, but that was 70% Nebraska's crappiness and 30% Michigan's somewhat improved OL play. The OL did have some really nice snaps. Talent has made a point of Warriner's ability to get them improve one week to the next, and that's what I'm hoping for here.

Comment

• Michigan is looking much better. I think you drum NW. Always takes the O-line a few weeks to gel, and I think Shea is doing well for learning a new system, new personnel, and new terminology. The only team I see you losing to this year, and it's not a slamdunk, are the Bucknuts.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The OTHER team you see them losing to...

They're winning the East and playing Alabama in the CFP where Don Brown will combust Tua's soul.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "The Game" will be a good one this year.

Michigan 66, Alabama 3.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• We won't know about UM until they play PSU and MSU, unless they lose to NW or Maryland. Even Wisky looks pretty meh on offense and their last two games have been 50/50 affairs.

Comment

• Honestly, no sass here, I think you beat everyone on your regular season sched but the Buckeyes. I think the Wolverines are the second best team in the B1G now. And on any given Saturday...

Comment

• Let's just get through Northwestern please.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think you will. I think Duke, who is a decent enough team, exposed them. Their front 7 wasn't impressive and I think M will eat them up.

Comment

• Depends ..... I'm going to write something about NfW front 7 today. Since you gobble up everything I write here, and have said so yourself, I know you're filled with that sort of sweaty anticipation.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• On pins and needles.

Comment

• Couple of things to take from Brian's UFR Defense:

Bush may be the best linebacker in the nation that combines great football instincts with sideline to sideline speed that allows him to make plays even when the opponent's offense has drawn up a good play. While there were few of these, there were a couple and Bush was involved in keeping these plays from going for chunk yardage.

The main development this year has been the increasing deployment of two-high zone looks. My charting is rudimentary in this department but you can take one high versus two high as a rough estimate of man versus zone, and in this one that was 60-40.

Observers here and elsewhere have suggested Brown play a bit more zone. He looks to be doing this against spready teams - small sample size. Don't look for 50/50 man/zone. Not Brown's style. It does seem, though, he sees the value of zone in eliminating the big plays M gave up in 2017. I couldn't find the stat for defenses giving up big plays. It's somewhere - maybe someone knows where it is. I'd like to compare 2017 and 18 seasons to see if what I think is happening - less big plays - is actually happening.

Comment

• I think that started -- tiny little dips in the zone pool -- after PSU last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X