Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gattis seems like a guy suddenly moving up the ladder pretty fast. No idea, but the on-paper idea seems good. Certainly isn't established enough to challenge Harbaugh on stuff, you'd think. I guess Pep's gotta be gone?

Comment

• Hopefully they keep Pep.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He's not being reported as a co-OC. Is to call the plays. Is WR position coach, which is same as Pep's forte.

But all that's not from the horse's mouth, so we'll see.

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it, re all this twitter gushing about ``unleashing Shea", etc etc. Gattis is surely too young and unproven to have that much schlep. One year at Alabama doesn't quite make him a Saban guy.

Comment

• This certainly feels like an encouraging move. I'm curious to see how the rest shakes out.

Comment

• I like the hire hes only 34, if nothing else Gattis sits at No. 25 on the list of top recruiters in the nation.

Comment

• Props to Detroit Dan - Najee Harris in Transfer Portal

Comment

• Fake News.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Sounds like fake Twitter accounts.

Comment

• Fakes News? All apology's, lots of news today moving to fast.

Comment

• He isn't part of the Harbaugh back ground. Giving up the keys? I guess we will see if Harbaugh really is adapting.

Comment

• I guess a lot of people were fooled by the phony Harris news. I went back thinking I swear Angelique Chengelis tweeted it, and she did, she was even fooled.

Comment

• M's press release on the Gattis hiring:

This looks an awful lot like Gattis is going to call the plays. If true, it does one important thing: It shows that Harbaugh understands that the play-calling system he used in 2018 - and probably the same model since he coached his first game for M - wasn't working. He's potentially streamlined it.

What role Harbaugh will play with the offense on game day remains to be seen and that he has been so vague about how game day play calling actually works, I'm not confident we are actually going to know.

For me, this is a positive development that will keep me interested for a game or two in the fall to see what kind of offense actually shows up. It is going to have to be substantially different and varied than it was in 2018 before I'll start believing anything has changed and keep my interest level up.

I feel like I'm getting reeled in a bit and when the hook breaks the surface it will having nothing but an old rubber boot on it.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ...... also, the hiring says nothing about Pep Hamilton's future. I have said all along, I don't care if he stays or goes as long as Harbaguh gets someone on staff that he will listen to that has experience with and can coach spread concepts. Gattis fills that bill.

It's been said that all the top CFB teams and the pros use passing and running game coordinators. The mechanics of play calling on game day though varies among teams and the HCs that coach them. There now appears to be a young gun assistant coach being called an OC and two other assistant coaches, Hamilton (passing game) and Warriner (running game) coordinators. I can see both of those guys having input in game prep but, if I had my way, I'd want Gattis making the calls in-game. JH rahter pruposefully, I would suggest, used the terms "Gattis will provide leadership on offense." That says quite a bit. I really hope that is going to be the case.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fancy stats for the NFL, in regards to running the ball with certain personnel groupings:

Tells us what we already thought, putting too many backs/tight-ends on the field is detrimental to the run game as it's tipping your hand too much and opposing defenses can bring 8-9 in the box and gain a numbers advantage. NFL thanks to Fancy Stats are running the ball successfully out of 11 formations.

Comment

Working...
                                X