Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what brought it on but he's always claimed to be an insider to M football yet everyone knew he was only pretending to be one.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

He might think Salem can be a good coordinator.
      You'd know better than me, but it seems like he really doesn't like to go outside his comfort zone. That can be good - familiarity/loyalty - but I think you have to shake things up sometimes.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Regardless of the label ``insider'' or not, what matters is whether he gets it right before it happens, which the guy does. Same for Gregg Henson. Not part of the family, but scoops are scoops. Those two get to say scoreboard.

Sam Webb's an insider in part because he can keep secrets, I get the feeling.

Comment

• He's widely known for starting rumors and throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. Yoder usually has solid opinions, takes but goes way too far in the 'gossip' area of M football where he tends to pass off his wild conjecture as inside info.

Comment

• The Michigan athletic department exposed him as a fraud:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• They asserted he was a fraud. All I know is he got a scoop. And know that when institutions lash out at a guy like that, it might be because he's good at uncovering stuff they want to keep covered. I'd consider that letter a sign of accomplishment and anything any other journo says as sour grapes. Might be a jerkoff, but I don't care about that. Just want accurate info about the team.
              Last edited by hack; January 11, 2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• That's the problem, his information isn't accurate.

Comment

• EFZ
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Det news is even reported Yoder. His twitter is locked. Not an "easy mark," but a worldwide fanbase that craves hot info available. He capitalized on that, getting hits, but never got respect because he was a fraud. Sorta guilty pleasure for me.

Comment

• Wasn't he just the first to report Washington? Sounds like they're aggravated about his fake reporting backdrop.

Comment

• Al Washington news came from Buckeye sources first...

Wouldn't shock me if Yoder was first to say it was a done deal, BUT it wouldn't have been based on any inside information or actual reporting, just a wild guess. That's what he's known for, throwing out guesses, gossip, and hoping it hits...

He's done the same in recruiting and has been wrong a ton... He's done the same in regards to potential transfers too, last off season he said Brandon Peters was transferring and there are many others too... In the recruiting community, we knew he was just throwing darts.

Comment

• OK. I've never heard of him until this Washington thing. So that's interesting -- OSU side talks about it, and then it takes five days before anyone Michigan side other than Yoder? Hmm. What you're describing sounds a lot of people who aren't considerd such outsiders anyways. Not a unique approach. I bet it's the false representation that bugs the school and led to this.

Comment

• Yoder has a history of being a dipshit on Twitter to recruits, recruits families, both M and opposing teams fans. He's even went after actual journalists...

What disturbs the school the most is the effect on the actual student athletes for M when he makes up a juicy story (say a transfer, player is a malcontent, not playing through injury, etc). When he does this, it incites other M fans on Twitter to pester whatever player he targeted.

Whatever he's going through right now personally is well deserved and a tiny fraction of what he's caused upon others.

Comment

• Here is Yoder for you:

Comment

• Lots of people are speculating on what M's offense will look like in 2019 with the hire of Josh Gattis to a position, yet to be determined with certainty, on the offensive coaching staff. I have my take based on nothing but gut and that is that he's not going to be a the all-world OC we'd like him to be. Harbaugh will still be calling plays.

That does not mean however that the passing game won't improve. I thought this was interesting - an article after Alabama's win over OU:

I actually think Patterson has the same skill set that Tua has. I thought there might be a big difference in their heights and weights with Tua being taller and heavier. Turns out they are about the same size and Kyke Murray of OU is smaller than both of them.

So, I'm cautiously optimistic that Harbaugh is going to evolve and that evolution is going to include a heavy dose of spread concepts out of 1X personnel formations. That does not mean Ben Mason and the TEs are out of jobs. The 2X formations that Harbaugh clearly over-used aren't going away. My thinking is that they may actually become more effective in certain situations when it is not so damn obvious what's coming at the defense.

I still think it's uncertain what impact Gattis is going to have on M's offense and that's because ..... HARBAUGH!!!
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X