Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or the any-era Brady Hoke "Aware, but not fully aware" CEO approach.

I also don't know that's its fully defined, but ``lets an OC call the plays'' is a pretty good threshold.

Still, whether that's a good model or not, we didn't quite think Harbaugh would be it. We though that part of what made him attractive was having an fresh and different take on offense and direct teaching of QBs. He is a CEO coach now though, and I just don't know that that's him. Maybe if he really does hand it over to Gattis it frees him up to improve at clock management and in-game risk taking, which are two areas for which a CEO coach should have a more sophisticated approach than he does.

Comment

• Foghorn Leghorn?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Happy Valentine's Day, you guys

DzZqQTGWoAATNwD.jpg

Comment

• Touching. Thoughtful.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• S&P rankings for the 2019 season were released around the 11th of February. I meant to post about them but got busy. Brian mentioned the rankings in his Unverified Voracity post today and reminded me to post. M is ranked 9th. The preseason S&P is heavily influenced by 2018 regular season and bowl game stats. As games occur in 2019 the numbers become more and more reflective of the actual performance of teams. So, these rankings aren't worth a whole lot.

M has one of the better home schedules in the BIG this year but that doesn't mean its an easy schedule by any means. Here's a list of M's 2019 opponents in the Top 25:
              • #7 OSU
              • #11 Wisconsin
              • #12 Notre Dame
              • #14 Penn State
              • #23 MSU
              • #25 Iowa
              https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...source=twitter
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 19, 2019, 03:52 PM.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• CMU grad transfer Mike Danna, 6-2, 257 DL - Edge rusher, 65 tackles (14 for loss), two touchdowns, four forced fumbles, and 8.5 sacks in 2018. Danna was named to the All-Mid-American Conference First Team defense. Will be eligible to play immediately, should help with the loss of Gary/Chase

http://www.cm-life.com/article/2019/...mcelwain-story
                Last edited by WingsFan; February 19, 2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Also the fact that in most cases with these transfers they are 5th year players so all your putting out is the one year scholarship so it doesn't hurt the recruiting class numbers the following year. As we have seen with Harbaugh he doesn't have a problem moving players along so it seems we will always be at the 25 or higher mark for recruiting classes so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Comment

• Class should be normal size this season, about 20 even taking into account expected attrition.

Comment

• Spring football practice is almost here.

Talk is great about Dylan and he is almost 100% and doing very well in winter conditioning. One person said they saw him on Friday using the "battle ropes." Trust me, you cannot do that drill with any kind of upper body injury. It's a grueling 10-15 minute workout that will test a healthy MMA fighter. He is also throwing with the same zip and accuracy he had last fall. All good news on that front.

- Vilain is near 100%

- Evans remains suspended by the university; not the football team

- Some concern over Milton; we'll see how things shake out after spring practice

Comment

• The betting line for the 2019 season has Michigan at 9.5 wins .... you can read the rest of the lines at the link below, but the usual suspects come in at 10 (osu), 10.5 and 11 wins.

At the link, you'll see 82% are taking the over. I'd like to take it but I don't think Gattis' system, assuming he actually gets the keys, is going to be sufficiently practiced to take M to 10+ wins given a very tough schedule ..... haven't seen how tough comparatively but I'll bet they're in the top 5.

Right now, I see losses to Wisky and PSU on the road and osu at home to go the usual 9-3.... road losses seeming to be a unsavory Harabugh trend. Par for the course during Harbaugh's tenure. Gattis isn't going to make a big difference IMO and Brown is going to have his hands full fielding a competent front 7 that can hold PSU and osu under 35 and stop Wisconsin from stealing one M shouldn't lose in Madison.

M, as is tradition, could lose one head scratcher to go 8-4. ND (most likely) followed by Army, @ Maryland or Iowa. I'd give that one head scratcher loss a 51% likelihood of happening ..... which will, if it happens, cause me to stop buying season tickets and watching Jim Harbaugh fail to reach expectations.

Yes, guarded pessimism is where I am at.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/football/...y-betonline-ag
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 11, 2019, 10:19 PM.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Right now..... I think it looks like this for the season.

A loss to Army, but Michigan is (4-0, 5-1) heading into Penn State road game. Watch that become a night game and a Michigan loss followed by another loss against Notre Dame (4-1, 5-3). Michigan wins out heading into the game (7-1, 8-3). Nothing makes me think Michigan is going to be beat Ohio State.....so right now 7-2...8-4 season.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Penn State gets hurt by graduation, early entries and even transfers. Wisconsin lost a lot on both their lines and LB corps...

I'd lean closer to 10 wins than 9.

Comment

• You have to think M has an edge on OSU this year. I mean, some, in a homage to dem bums, have been saying, "this is the year, no excuses" for awhile, now. But, shitballs, THIS should be the year.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                You have to think M has an edge on OSU this year. I mean, some, in a homage to dem bums, have been saying, "this is the year, no excuses" for awhile, now. But, shitballs, THIS should be the year.
                                Nope ....... osu will have more dudes than M. It's unfortunately an immutable trend.

As much as it pains me, I'm living with that reality. There is no denying that Michigan's recruiting isn't going to top or even equal the recruiting of the CFB teams that are in the elite 5 now and for the foreseeable future. That equates to less dudes on the field, an impossible task of winning the BTE because of that and an almost certain failure to make the CFP ....... and even if M did accomplish that by some at large quirk, like ND, they'd get blasted.

Dudes.

Comment

Working...
                                X