Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah but comparing him to the previous decade of football is setting the bar way lower than the place Michigan says it wants it to be.

Comment

• I can't believe I'm saying this -- but that's where I expect Mattison to be pretty damn proficient. I'm not sure if he's capable of running a hellacious kick ass defense, but I do think he knows how to take over a shitass underperforming pile of vomit and get something out of it.

Mattison is only going to coach a couple more years and wasn't outstanding as DC. Yes a good DL coach, he did well with talent, like most coaches with solid coaching and good talent do. But his defenses always gave up points to spread attacks (always!) - tell tale though is his zone coverage hasn't changed.

Comment

• I haven't been that impressed with the post-Hoke DLs save for Winovich. IIRC Mattison coached LBs until Brown got here, and then shifted to DL.

Comment

• Hurst was great too.

Comment

• Early years under Hoke.

Comment

• Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It'll be a real same if the HARBAUGHFFENSE!!!!! goes the way of the dodo. I really love those fullback TD plunges.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Early M football betting lines:

- 8.5 v. ND

- 6 at Wisconsin

-13.5 v. MSU

-6.5 v. OSU

The Gattis effect?

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Brandon Peters I expect gone, he's 3rd on depth chart and behind someone with less eligibility...

Two tight ends I don't have a problem with; advanced stats says its much better than anything with 2 backs and still a very good formation for both throwing and rushing. The issue is the fullback, it tells everyone you're running the ball and the dramatically hurts your ability to gain first downs, pick up a big play or get in the end zone. Fancy stats have shown us the fullback should be obsolete and is a negative in every situation I've seen.

Comment

• ....... TBH, I don't put much stock in this sort of hype. Goes along with the turf in the period including spring practice and then again during fall camp.

I think the evidence is pretty solid that M's offense is not going to look as AA wishes it might in 2019. If that is the case, it means installing a new one with new formations, new calls, new receiver routes - all of that. It's not that easy to install this kind of thing given the limited practice time that is available and the degree to which college players are able to soak it all in.

I think there's going to be growing pains, esp. in early games that include Army at home and @ Wisconsin. That M may have it's shit together by the time ND and MSU come to town is a plus for the stated problem. osu is who they are and will always be. They have dudes. Usually more than M.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, M's offense isn't going from an F-150 to a Carrera overnight.

Ohio State may have dudes, but OSU's season rises and falls with Justin Fields.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Saban was a big FB guy. That's changed, but it wasn't that long ago. Our last FB drafted to the NFL was Jalston Fowler in 2015.

The thing is, you can have a FB, but he has to be versatile and be able to move around to the slot or even shift to the line as a TE. Fowler was thrown to 15 or so times his senior season at Bama. He could be a single-set back, a TE, a slot, and if push come to shove we could move him to defense and let him play mike.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• All the tea leaves point in the same direction -- the change is real. Is why they are looking to get Mason on the field on D.

Comment

Working...
                                X