This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Oh heavens no. Last time I ran something here it didn't end so well. I'll just make my usual inaccurate picks. It will give everyone something to laugh about ...
    Okay. I'll put a contest together next week. I want to do a little research first.

The results from last season's contest are finally tabulated. If Talent had had a little more faith in his team, he would've won it.

Comment

• Michigan is going to be without Ambry Thomas for the foreseeable future. He is recovering from colitis.

You medical types know more about this than I do, but it sounds like he's very likely gone for the season.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Good luck to him. That's gotta suck. Happened to a good friend of mine who has been significantly crankier ever since.

Good luck for Michigan that Lavert Hill decided to stay.

Comment

• Most of that depends on receptive how receptive he is to the drugs. They try the lighter stuff at first and if it doesn't take they progress to the heavier medication.

Comment

• The contest is up!

Comment

• She's ready for the season to begin...

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Whoa .. she's cute.

In other news ...

ttds filed a application with the US Patent office today requesting to patent the word "the" in referring to their school.

I guess they are embarrassed at the number of times that when any 4 of their fans line up to spell the name of their state, lo and behold, 99% of the time, they get it wrong.

This obviously makes sense because 3 letters is easier than four .... so they should be able to spend less time posing for pictures ...

Last time those folks came to Michigan Stadium, I was on the event staff, and four of them approached us and asked if they could stand along the rail with the Michigan scoreboard in the background and take a picture of them spelling out their four letter state name. It was before the game, and we said, 'sure'. So, they stood there, .. and after about a minute of them trying to figure out which one was which 'o', and then the 'h' and the 'i', .. my section supervisor came over and spoke up and said, "Really, folks .. its 4 letters!"... They finally figured it out, and snapped their keepsake picture... True story.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Trademark office, not Patent, though they're part of the same bureaucracy. Ohio State is such a powerful brand that they've trademarked nearly everything remotely associated with the University.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Trademark office, not Patent, though they're part of the same bureaucracy. Ohio State is such a powerful brand that they've trademarked nearly everything remotely associated with the University.
                    My question is...did YOU trademark the word "The"Talent before I did "The" Wizard?

I believe I was first...you cocksucking thief!
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• bastard
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• One of the more useful Diaries at Mgo that provides a good description of what Ambry Thomas is dealing with. In my medical opinion he has a very good chance of returning to the team probably right around when M travels to Wisconsin. Once diagnosed, for the vast majority of patients with Ulcerative Colitis, this chronic condition is completely manageable with negligible effect on athletic competition once it is brought under control. Of course, there are exceptions but I think the literature states that less than 3% require surgical interventions. If Thomas needed that, he'd be done. The immediate issue post control is gaining back the 15 pounds he lost and then getting back to playing shape. My guess is that he has been conditioning to the extent he can while recovering. So, this may not be as big of hill to climb that one may think.

I was debating writing this earlier anyway, but with the Jansen Podcast info on the board I figured I'd throw some info out there about Ulcerative Colitis - what it's been reported that Ambry Thomas has. I'm not a doctor, or a Colitis patient, but my wife was diagnosed with UC about 4 years ago and we've been pretty active in the community and with the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. There are an estimated 3,000,000 Americans with IBD, but it's not a particularly discussed disease - probably because it involves poop. Here's what the Foundation says about UC:

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            One of the more useful Diaries at Mgo that provides a good description of what Ambry Thomas is dealing with. In my medical opinion he has a very good chance of returning to the team probably right around when M travels to Wisconsin. Once diagnosed, for the vast majority of patients with Ulcerative Colitis, this chronic condition is completely manageable with negligible effect on athletic competition once it is brought under control. Of course, there are exceptions but I think the literature states that less than 3% require surgical interventions. If Thomas needed that, he'd be done. The immediate issue post control is gaining back the 15 pounds he lost and then getting back to playing shape. My guess is that he has been conditioning to the extent he can while recovering. So, this may not be as big of hill to climb that one may think.

I was debating writing this earlier anyway, but with the Jansen Podcast info on the board I figured I'd throw some info out there about Ulcerative Colitis - what it's been reported that Ambry Thomas has. I'm not a doctor, or a Colitis patient, but my wife was diagnosed with UC about 4 years ago and we've been pretty active in the community and with the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. There are an estimated 3,000,000 Americans with IBD, but it's not a particularly discussed disease - probably because it involves poop. Here's what the Foundation says about UC:

If he just got diagnosed, he would be a long way off from any type of surgery. There is a chain of drugs they will experiment with to try and get it into remission. Prednisone would probably be the first treatment, then Humira then if that doesn't work you might get infusions of Remicaid. Sometimes you get these false remissions, the inital drugs take hold and you think you got it under control and then your body fights off the drugs. That is the big lag of time, you need a few months at minimum to determine if its working. That doesn't mean he couldn't play, the steroids might help him out immediately and he could play.

The playing weight is one factor but a big issue may be the blood levels, until you get it into remission your iron level could be crap and you have no energy.

Comment

• With Thomas out and the CB room depleted, what approach does Don Brown take with his defense to start 2019?

Does he continue to play aggressive press-man and see how Ambrey's replacements do with it?

Does he play more zone?
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• From mgoboard:

Comment

Working...
                                X