Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '19-'20: Hello Coach Nook!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Sanderson is Camp Sanderson-ing
    67430232_1262636897251372_715404796494131312_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com.jpg

Comment

• Looks like a cross between Pippen and Rocky Balboa

Comment

• Franz is playing live right now:
        Watch the Group Phase game between Germany and Serbia from the FIBA U18 European Championship 2019 #FIBAU18Europe ►► Subscribe: http://fiba.com/subYT Click ...

Comment

• Bajema is heavy enough to be deployable. If his shot is as advertised, that's a freshman Zak Irvin off the bench, which is great news for quality depth. It's looking more and more like Brandon Johns is the key to the season. If that athleticism is harnessable at the four, then this team is legit 8 deep, and maybe 9. It could get to legit 8 deep of very good players, if DDJ does as well, and plays Brooks out of the rotation. You'd have Castleton, DDJ and Bajema who could potentially come in and do more than just hold serve at any spot on the court while any of the starters gets a breather. I realize these are IFs, but if they come to pass and Juwan gives them a system they can win with, this could be a really damn good team given the Z/T/Livers core.

Comment

• I witnessed kind of a nice testimonial that would point to our guys not getting that $EC or Columbus bonus. I saw one of the hoops players this afternoon on campus and the car he got into to drive away in was less impressive than my '03 Camry.

Comment

• Franz out for a month. Ugh.
              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                Franz out for a month. Ugh.
                At least it happened early. It was reported he has a broken wrist, but its of the 'non surgical' type. I guess that means they didn't have to operate to fix it.

He's young. He'll mend quickly.

MSU is ranked #1. They get to wear the bull's-eye first.

Michigan is not in the Top 25. I think that will change.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• So, Hanni's question on when does the other shoe drop was prescient. Howard signs a dude for 2020 and his potentially star player for 2019/20, Franz Wagner, breaks a wrist and is out for a month.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There was a "secret scrimmage" last night vs. UDM. Michigan won 82-75. They were without Franz and Johns. DDJ led the way with 21 points, all on 3's. He was 7-8 from the new international distance.

Comment

• I think the proper reference is "Johnsa and Franz".

Comment

• We're just 4 days away from Juwan's debut, although it's an exhibition game. Expectations?

Comment

• Great.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                            We're just 4 days away from Juwan's debut, although it's an exhibition game. Expectations?
                            I think Michigan is going to be pretty good. Maybe not Final Four good, but I think the talent exists to get them to the Sweet Sixteen.

As for Howard, the man has actually been coaching for over a decade now, so I don't really buy the "inexperienced coach" song that the media is singing. He's getting no respect at all in the rankings, with Michigan being left out of the Top 25. I think he'll do better than most of those yahoos expect.

He'll likely get taken to the woodshed a few times by some more experienced teams/coaches, but I also think he'll do a lot of learning at the same time.

I think Michigan finishes solidly within the top 5-6 in the conference. And they'll pull some upsets along the way.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

As for Howard, the man has actually been coaching for over a decade now, so I don't really buy the "inexperienced coach" song that the media is singing.
                              Close. He played up until the end of the 2012-2013 season.

Comment

Working...
                              X