This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    I think Mr. Doug was there today. I'm sure his tailgate crew is pretty happy right now.
    Yep. He sent me a picture of the flags in front of the Scott Trade Center with a caption that read "I have secured the perimeter in St. Louis". Good stuff. I'm always happy to see his faith and dedication rewarded with days like this.

Comment

• CC ties it. This one could be fun.

Comment

• At the end of the day I look at it like this: Michigan was completely screwed in OT last year so fuck it.

No kidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
          At the end of the day I look at it like this: Michigan was completely screwed in OT last year so fuck it.

No kidding.
          So True! we did get screwed royally last season in the Hockey NCAA's, so it would have been f'n awful for it to happen again. I'm convinced (thru admittedly maize n' blue glasses, of course) that the puck DID go in the net----I just hope that there's an angle shot by someone ---either a video or a still shot will do---that shows conclusively, after the point , that the goal truly was good. Don't want or need egg in Michigan's face over this, to have it be considered "tainted" !

As it is, I plan on recording it on DVR tonight as ESPNU is showing it at 11:30 pm, so that I can take another look at it on my HD. Though the ESPN3 stream as I watched it seemed to be mostly glitch-free, there still wasn't enough clarity on my screen to see the puck clearly in the net as you said above that you saw, Mike.
          Last edited by Rob F; March 25, 2011, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• CC up 6-2 on BC in the 2nd.

Comment

• 7-2 CC!! Use 'em all up tonight, fellas!

Rob, you have to want it

Actually, the low angle view from center ice shows it clearly over the line, albeit from about 100 feet away.

Comment

• that 7-2 score is a shocker, ain't it! I'm sure BC was heavily favored as the #1 seed over #4 CC, a 5-goaal defecit at the end of 2 periods is next to impossible to make up.

Comment

• BC's reign is over.

Comment

• Good!

Its nice to see some OTHER teams come in as "top" seeds, only to fall flat on their face.

Michigan has an opportunity, but I think they're running into a buzz saw against that Colorado College team. They looked dang good tonight. They could go all the way.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• For an 18-loss team, CC looked damn impressive last night. But, keep in mind this---BC was a team that won this year with offense, not defense and goaltending----and it came back to bite them last night. They were NOT as good as last year's BC team, IMO not really deserving a #1 seed.

Our U of M team can beat CC by playing smart defense and getting good goaltending --- you don't want to fall behind a CC team that will more likely than not keep
                      attacking if they open up a 2-goal or better lead.

In other games, nearing the end of overtime, WMU and Denver are tied 2-2, and another #1 seed, Yale, is in deep trouble, behind Minn/Duluth 5-1 at the start of the final period.

Comment

• 1/2 hour 'til Michigan's opening faceoff tonight!

Comment

• 4 min. into the 2nd OT, Broncos are still tied 2-2. Their goalie, Kuhn, has made some sensational saves in OT---I'm impressed especially by how well he uses his goalie glove

Comment

• Broncos just lost at 8:46 of the 2nd OT, 3-2. Too bad, I'd have liked to have seen them advance, same with Miami, who also lost tonight, to New Hampshire, 3-1

Comment

• Just a reminder, Hockey Fans: game is about to start, see the opening faceoff shortly on ESPN3 on the net, then will be joined in progress on ESPNU as soon as the MN/Duluth---Yale game ends. That score is now 5-3 in favor of MN/Duluth with 2 min to go

Comment

• Scooter Vaughn puts Michigan up 1-0 after a nifty one-on-one move. That's not going to be enough tonight, in all probability, but it's good to see them getting off to a solid start.
                                Last edited by JRB; March 26, 2011, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X