Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice way to start the season. 3-1 over BC.

Comment

• Nice, I thought BC would have won.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The team is off to a nice start. They were really pumped after the BC win. You could tell it was very important to them, like they have something to prove (and frankly, they do).

They followed up with a 7-4 win at RIT this weekend. They play two at UNH this coming weekend before an outstanding pair of home games with BU and #1 UMass Lowell on the 25th and 26th.

Comment

• Michigan tied, then won in OT at UNH last weekend to move up to #4 in both polls. Last night they domimated Boston University at Yost. The score was inly 2-1 but the shots were 39-13 at one ppint in the 3rd. BU couldn't even get the puck out of their own zone most of the night. They have clearly out-classed their opponents in the 2 games I've been to. They host pre-season #1, UMass Lowell tonight (4-1 winners in EL last night).

Comment

• Good start to the season, Mike. I'm very hopeful that a lot of the problems Michigan had in the first 80% of last season have been solved. They finished strong at the end of the regular season and in the CCHA playoffs last season and look like they've picked up where they left off last April.

Comment

• Michigan up to #2 in the latest polls after a 6-1-1 start. They swept Michigan Tech at home 3-2 (OT) and 2-1 this past weekend after splitting BU and UMass-Lowell the week prior. This freshman goalie they're starting, Zach Nagelvoort, is legit. Last week he was the Big Ten #3 star, this week he was #2. And yes, "Big Ten Hockey" still seems bit weird to say. For now. Minnesota is #1.

Comment

• I can't wait to see where Big Ten hockey is in about 10 years. I think that it will be to hockey what the SEC is to football. With attractions like the Cold War and the BTN, the pieces are in place to hoard the best recruits. Mabye it will take longer than that, but the Big Ten being the only league that aligns with the rest of the sports is, to me, a huge advantage that is going to give it an identity that absolutely nobody else will have. It's poised to go Big Time.
                Last edited by Hannibal; November 6, 2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Tough weekend for #3 Michigan as they lost both games in the GLI.

Comment

• That will probably drop them out of the top ten
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Nah, they won't get killed for it but it was humbling.

Comment

• Michigan gets a much-needed sweep of the Spartans this weekend! They played Thursday night at the Joe in lieu of the normal Saturday night contest, presumably because of the conflict of interest with the bball game tonight. We got them 2-1 at the Joe on a goal with just over 2 minutes left in regulation and then pummeled them at Munn last night 5-2. The game was tied 2-2 after 2 but Michigan put 18 shots on goal in the 3rd which resulted in the route. Sparty did their usual goon shit at the end but our guys were smart enough to skate away.

Michigan is now 4-2 in the Big Ten. The conference picture is starting to come into focus as Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan are clearly head and shoulders above MSU, ohio state, and PSU. I figure the top 3 teams will get into the NCAA tourney and the bottom 3 have no chance.

We host Wisconsin for a pair next weekend at Yost. First game is part of BTN's Frozen Friday doubleheader. 6:30 start like last night.

Comment

• Michigan beat Wisconsin 3-1 last night to improve to 5-2 in the Big Ten. Game 2 tonight at Yost is set for 6:30 and is on NBCSN. Go Blue.

Comment

• Minnesota v. Union for the title pn Saturday night...I think I'll be happy either way. B1G team wins or another underdog ECAC team does.

Comment

• Guessing most people didn't watch (I forgot to myself) but scrappy little Union won. Back to back titles out of the ECAC

Comment

• So apparently the "Mike Babcock may end up as Red Berenson's successor" rumors aren't bullshit. Per Helene St. James of the Freep:

"Mike Babcock says not worried about negotiating for extension, will either remain coach of Red Wings or be assistant at U of M/ Berenson"

Comment

Working...
                                X