Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in western Wisconsin near Minnesota. Those people take hockey as serious as Texans take their football. The state high school hockey tournament is phenomenal. The Xcel Energy Center is filled for every game and the hockey is really, really good. The Gophers only have 5 players on their roster who aren't from Minnesota. Lots of pride.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Liney, yes we're in the NCAAs this year as an at-large even if we don't win the Big Ten. The tourney champ gets an auto bid, regular season champ has no bearing on the NCAA tourney but I like to win championships. Michigan is currently #6 in Pairwise which would make them a 2 seed if the tourney started today.

Rocky, Minnesota never had a player from outside the state until 2002!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        I live in western Wisconsin near Minnesota. Those people take hockey as serious as Texans take their football. The state high school hockey tournament is phenomenal. The Xcel Energy Center is filled for every game and the hockey is really, really good. The Gophers only have 5 players on their roster who aren't from Minnesota. Lots of pride.
        That is a fact. I lived in Duluth in the early 80s. The bastards preempted the NCAA basketball quarter finals to show the high school state hockey tourney on TV one year when I was there. (pissed me off)

I always laugh at Detroit's Hockey Town moniker. The people in MN live for the sport. Detroit has a bunch of band wagon hockey fans.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Minnesota's slogan is "The State of Hockey".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Liney, yes we're in the NCAAs this year as an at-large even if we don't win the Big Ten. The tourney champ gets an auto bid, regular season champ has no bearing on the NCAA tourney but I like to win championships. Michigan is currently #6 in Pairwise which would make them a 2 seed if the tourney started today.

Rocky, Minnesota never had a player from outside the state until 2002!
            Where would the regionals be? Do you have any feel for where Michigan might be playing in the first round?
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Good chance Michigan ends up in Cincinatti for the Midwest Regional.

Comment

• What was the name of the Michigan player who picked the puck up behind the net and dumped it over the goalie's shoulder in the NCAA tournament years ago? One of our local kids just did the same thing in a squirt tournament, and I wanted to show him the video. Little shit just turned 10 years old. He scored all 12 of his teams goals, but they lost in the championship game. He's going to be a good one.

Comment

• Mike Legg in the '97 regional at Munn against Minnesota. The kids call that "Doing a Michigan".

Comment

• Mike Legg, in '96. Damn you Mike! Heh
                    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Don't test Mike on Michigan Hockey. He will bury you. :-)
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It was '96, the year we finally broke through for a national championship. We won 7-4. I sometimes confuse those teams because the '97 group was the best Michigan team ever but the '96 and '98 teams won national championships.

Comment

• Here we go again. Can we beat the Gophers tonight in St. Paul?

Comment

• We goddamn better or I am just gonna snap.

BTW, Conner had 4 goals yesterday.

Comment

• I saw the game. His first two goals were just sick.

Comment

• CHAMPIONS!! And my favorite part: Minnesota's season is complete.

Comment

Working...
                                X