Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they good enough for a #1 seed, Mike?
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No. They'll be a two seed. They currently sit at #7 overall and all games are complete. Selection show is Sunday at noon.

Latest projection has us playing Notre Dame in the first round in Cincinatti with the winner likely playing #1North Dakota in the regional final. We're the only Big Ten team to make the tourney but not the only team from Michigan. Ferris St punched their ticket by winning the WCHA conference tournament and stole a seed from either Cornell or Michigan Tech.
      Last edited by Mike; March 20, 2016, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Michigan vs. ND at 5:30 on Friday.

Comment

• Looks like a lot of very good teams in the tournament.

They'll need some help to get to the Frozen Four and NC game.

Comment

• Finally, a victory over Minny when it really counted. Well, that almost makes up for throwing away the conference with ugly losses to OSU. Kyle Connor is awesome. The hands on that kid! They'll go as far as he can carry them overcoming Racine and the defensive lapses.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Notre Dame joining the Big Ten conference:

Comment

• Now they need to put on there big boy pants and have the rest of their Sports teams join the conference.

Comment

• Don't hold your breath...

Comment

• Oh I won't. History shows that they're not interested in real competition.

Comment

• The Big Ten desperately needed another team. We don't have enough teams to fill out a whole schedule. Michigan went from 27 conference games in the CCHA to 20 in the BIG. Makes geographic sense, obviously. Also rounds out the hate index pretty well. If you're looking for a team that gets your blood boiling, you can find them all in Big Ten hockey!

Comment

• Don't get me wrong Mike. I like the addition of Notre Dame. I just wish they would sack up and join in the rest of the sports as well. It makes good common sense all the way around.

Comment

• For who?

Joining the BIG for football makes no sense. They have CFP concessions and a multimillion dollar contract with NBC that they share with no one.

If I were Jack Swarbrick, I'd be having ND stay independent just like they are now.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Well I was thinking more about the fans and travel for their teams etc. But yeah, for the big bucks I guess it doesn't matter if their football team travels to East Lansing Michigan or to Los Angeles California. They're going to make big money no matter where they go.

Comment

• Reminder: UM vs. ND drops the puck at 5:45ish today.

It's also the 20th anniversary of Mike Legg's goal, "The Michigan". Yahoo wrote a nice article about the history of the move. It originated with a guy named Bill Armstrong whom Legg trained with in the offseason.

Comment

• Where can I stream the game, video or audio? Can't seem to find anything.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X