This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes!! M wins in OT, 3-2; great game
    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• The CCM line delivers. Again. All 3 are very impressive.

Comment

• Sorry, Jon. I just saw your post. It was on ESPNU and WatchESPN app. Same for tomorrow.

Comment

• I don't get ESPNU. Took me an hour of bar hopping to find it, for the 2nd half of the 3rd and OT. Wifey won't be keen if I hit the bar again tonight so it'd be nice to at least have an audio stream.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• ESPN2 tonight at 6:00, Jon. You're in luck!

Comment

• Congrats to Michigan on the victory over Notre Dame. Unfortunately, it means they now have to play the other ND - the best team in the country. Thanks for a pretty good season, boys. It was a real roller coaster ride.
              Last edited by Rocky Bleier; March 26, 2016, 11:07 AM.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Yeah. Bummer of a draw. UND is the best team I the country but the #3 overall in the tourney which dropped them into our region. They should be the #1 in St. Paul and St. Cloud St. in Cincy but whatever. There's no getting around really good teams at this point. We need to hope for a shootout today.

Comment

• Ferris State, #30 in Pairwise, beat overall #2 SCSU in OT 5-4.

Comment

• Michigan predictably falls to the best team in the country. Still a pretty good season. Collected some Big Ten hardware, won a game in the tourney, led the country in scoring. Defense and goaltending were the weaknesses and that just doesn't work in postseason hockey. The attention now turns to whether this was Red's final game behind the bench.

Comment

• Agree with that assessment. They didn't fold either. They fought hard. Just a few too many mistakes by the d and some iffy work by Racine.

Comment

• We couldn't beat the better team this evening. Its been a real good season (except for the Sparty game at the Joe) so I can't really complain about how the season ended. I think Red is done, so who's the replacement going to be? No one in the college ranks comes to mind, so poach from pros?
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Mel Pearson is the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option. He coaches Michigan Tech but was an assistant under Red for 20 years. He turned MTU from a complete laughingstock into a tourney team. They tied for their conference regular season championship this season. What he's done there would be like taking Eastern Michigan football to bowl games every year.

Comment

• How old is he? Does he want the job? Does Red want to hand it over to him or someone else?
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He's 57. Coached at Michigan from 1988-2011. Has won WCHA COY twice, 2012 and 2016. Was national COY in 2015. It almost seemed like he was waiting to take over for Red, then got tired of waiting. He played at MTU so he took over that program and made them very respectable. I would think he'd jump at the chance and Red's contract is up. I hope it works out for us.

Comment

• Yup. Mel Pearson.

Comment

Working...
                                X