Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will recruiting slip with Berenson's departure?
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I doubt it. Maybe for a cycle but not long term. If anything, his lingering around makes it more difficult because of the uncertainty around the program. Better to sign the guy we need and let everything fall into place.

Comment

• Red is returning for a 33rd year.

Comment

• Meh

Comment

• Agreed. I appreciate all he has done for the program. But he needs to retire.

Comment

• He can't give up the puck bunnies. ;^)
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hopefully he doesn't go full JoePa and drag this out for a really long time.

Comment

• And hopefully Warde is a strong enough AD that he doesn't allow that to happen.

Comment

• I can only imagine the comments if he'd have had a bad year.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• He coached the team to the B1G Tournament title, and into the NCAA's, so he's still doing a good job. They haven't put him up in the press box with a fake headset yet, or having someone stand next to him wiping drool from his mouth. He's still actively coaching, recruiting, etc. So, I say good for him. If he starts showing that he can't do the job, or that he's just a figurehead, then Manuel needs to make the move.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I would say that 1 good year does not change where the program has/is heading.

The last several years the team has been on a downward trajectory. The defense has not been good for several years. UM benefitted greatly this year by playing in a terrible conference. Brian had a great post on this after the loss to North Dakota. He said that those 2 programs used to be even, but they are not now. North Dakota has surpassed UM. I agree. Watching that game, it would have taken a miracle to beat them. UM is not in their league anymore. I think it is in no small part due to Red staying in too long.

Comment

• He is at least still recruiting well, so he will leave the next guy with a great foundation.

Comment

• Yes, Red has recruited very well. No doubt about that.

Comment

• B1G Hockey should be the hockey version of the SEC West, and Michigan could be its Alabama if we get the right guy.

Comment

• I am simply dumbfounded as to why the Big Ten sucks as a hockey conference so badly. I assumed 4 of the 6 teams would make the tourney every year. On a related note, MSU is keeping Tom Anastos as coach so it doesn't appear that they care about hockey anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X