Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike, I would ask you if you plan on going, but somehow I don't think that young lady of yours will let you leave Cally for a hockey game ... ;-)
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Yeah, I'm guessing upwards of 4 figures isn't in the budget for the UM-WMU hockey game. LOL

But as soon as SDSU gets a hockey team and hosts Michigan for a weekend series I'm in business!

Comment

Liney---sorry, won't be able to go. I tried to get someone to switch shifts with me so that I could get Friday off and work a later shift on Saturday instead of 6:30 am, but no luck on either end of tht proposition.

Not only can't I go the the CCHA game, but, since I work 'til 3 on Friday, I won't be able to see U of M vs UT hoops live.

I'll have to settle for it on VCR, then watch the Hockey game on FSD Friday and Saturday nights on one TV with the NCAA B-Ball Tournament on the other.

Comment

VCR? ;)

Comment

sorry, I meant DVR. Haven't recorded anything on VHS/VCR in about 3 years now.

Comment

And then Rob will drop the needle on his Michigan Marching Band LP to celebrate!

Comment

yep OT---on my wind-up Victrola, on a 10" 78RPM piece of vinyl

Comment

Hail To The Victors in 3.7 seconds ...

Comment

Originally posted by Rob F View Post
                    yep OT---on my wind-up Victrola, on a 10" 78RPM piece of vinyl
                    All while watching recorded games on his VCR!

Comment

Rob probably has The Victors on a 8-track cartridge that he plays in his Ford Pinto ...

FWIW, .. I'm going to be at tonight's hockey game at The Joe. Anyone who may be there, if you have my cell, give me a call. I can also receive emails on my iphone, or send me a text.
                      Last edited by lineygoblue; March 18, 2011, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        Rob probably has The Victors on a 8-track cartridge that he plays in his Ford Pinto ...

FWIW, .. I'm going to be at tonight's hockey game at The Joe. Anyone who may be there, if you have my cell, give me a call. I can also receive emails on my iphone, or send me a text.
                        Pinto!!? I wish!!!!---I'm still driving my Ford Falcon...

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

anyway, you lucky dog Liney---hope you enjoy the game! I just looked in on the action----it's on FSD+ rather than FoxDetroit (Dish Network channel 448 for those keeping score)---of the Notre Dame vs. Miami OH game, and saw the Redhawks tack on their 5th goal of the game; midway thru the 2nd period it's Miami 5, ND 1.

FSD+ will also be carrying the Michigan - WMU game later tonight with coverage starting at 8 pm----I'll have one TV on that game with the other on to keep tabs on the NCAA Hoops tournament.

Comment

with 16:25 to go in the game, Miami just scored again to go up 6-2. Irish changing their goalie. Too little, too late

Comment

Miami advances, final score is 6-2 over the Irish

One hour 'til opening face-off vs. WMU at The Joe

Comment

First intermission score: Western 1--U of M 0.

The goalies dominated the 1st period, only score by WMU was on a 2-man advantage PP at about the 10-minute mark.

Otherwise the action was slightly in favor of Michigan, tho I'm not sure yet about # of shots on goal per team

Comment

Working...
                                X