Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard he did that once. For Cleaves. And then said never again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
      What was Trey Burke rated when he came out of high school? Just curious.
      Somewhere around 75 on ESPN's list, I believe. I thought he was better than that from watching his YouTube videos. I never saw visual evidence of why Brundidge was rated higher than him.

Comment

• BTW- All four 2014 recruits (including Austin Hatch) signed and sent in their LOI's. Hatch still hasn't played a game of H.S. ball since 2011. I'm not sure how that situation is going to play out but I'm happy that Michigan has stood by him.

Comment

• I wonder if Tom Izzo (with his intensity) is his generation's version of Coach Bobby Knight without the anger issues.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Izzo will still get his kind of players at MSU.

The problem he now has, is that he's not the only good program in the state anymore. Players can visit Ann Arbor and see everything that they have in East Lansing, and more. The new basketball facility in A2 beats anything they have in EL nowadays.

Plus you have a milder/friendlier type of coach in Beilein, who has now shown he can make it to the final dance as well.

If you want to play big time basketball in Michigan, you now have a choice.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Doesn't even matter. When's the last time there's been a huge in state prospect that we've battled over? There's plenty of talent in the Midwest that it won't be a problem for either team.

Comment

• Izzo isn't the only destination for top basketball talent in Michigan anymore. And by that I don't necessarily mean for players that currently live in Michigan. When both teams are recruiting a kid, whether he's from Michigan, New York or California, I believe Michigan is now on an even keel with MSU, whereas in the not so distant past that was not true.

Maybe that's what I meant.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's not just the rise of M; Indiana, Ohio State, Wisky are all 'top' B10 teams going forward and stealing some of the talent Izzo once landed. I just don't see the incoming talent at MSU to stay at the top of the B10, that could change quickly if they land a couple 'elites' in '15 but they'd pretty much need those elites just to compete with the top of the B10.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Doesn't even matter. When's the last time there's been a huge in state prospect that we've battled over? There's plenty of talent in the Midwest that it won't be a problem for either team.
                    It's been a year. spartie wanted Walton.

Comment

• Walton committed over 2 years ago, and even then there is discrepancy as to whether MSU even offered. It was said that he was going to get offered on his next visit, but he was MS by that time.

Comment

• Like Oracle stated, MSU got involved too late to land Walton.

Comment

• Jonah Bolden does not have Michigan in his final 6. Unless Dante Exum decides to go to college or there's some late-bloomer, it looks like Michigan is done with 2014 recruiting.

Comment

• I wonder why they didn't pick up again with Bleuitt, but whatever. He's a wing. Michigan's got to nail it's next 5. All in on Zimmerman for sure. Identify some Plan B guys too. Need a mix of early entry candidates and 3- or 4-year pluggers. High hopes for Ricky Doyle in that way. Can't expect to land a McGary every other year.

Comment

• Still amazed at this story. What an amazing, mature kid. Holy shit. If you watch this and don't become a huge fan, something's wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                I wonder why they didn't pick up again with Bleuitt, but whatever. He's a wing. Michigan's got to nail it's next 5. All in on Zimmerman for sure. Identify some Plan B guys too. Need a mix of early entry candidates and 3- or 4-year pluggers. High hopes for Ricky Doyle in that way. Can't expect to land a McGary every other year.
                                Redshirting Donnal should at least extend the depth. I think he'll be a pretty good player too.

I do agree on pushing hard for Zimmerman but my feeling is that it's going to be really tough prying him off the west coast.

Comment

Working...
                                X