This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    As I understand it, there's not a way to pay Hatch's way without keeping him on scholarship. Either he pays or Michigan uses a scholarship.
    They could do what they did with Ben Cronin. However, I think some things are bigger than one scholarship out of thirteen. I admire Beilein for keeping his word. The sports-fan in me wishes they had all thirteen available to players that are sure to contribute but I can set those feelings aside in this scenario. Plus, the guy couldn't even walk on his own about 2 years ago. Couldn't breathe on his own about 3 years ago. Who's to say that he can't get a little closer to the player he was before and become a spot-guy by his senior year?

It would be nice if the NCAA created some exception for Austin Hatch or any player in a similar (if there could ever be one) situation.

Comment

• If they do what they did with Cronin, he'd not be able to dress or practice with the team as far as I know.

Comment

• I agree JD.

Just do it and see who objects. Beilein says the team learns a lot from Hatch, and I believe that. But the NCAA giving him a break in no way affects the games on the court. And quit trying to be "fair" and come up with a rule that can be written down so everyone is treated equally. Do what is right now and next time something like this arises with another school, do what's right again.

Comment

• Hatch should teach them how to rebound.

Comment

• I was watching the Fab Five 30 for 30 this morning. How in the hell did the flood gates not open up with recruits? They were just f'ing cool. I know a lot changed with HS players going to the NBA but there should still be residuals from that team.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The flood gates were set to open until a rollover accident on M-14 at about 4:00 am with Mateen Cleaves in the car along with several other Michigan players.

After that, the skid was on. All the bad stuff in the program came to the surface.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well, sort of ..... I think you mean the administration decided to nail ITSELF on the cross.

This is to be admired I guess. But it did immense destruction to the basketball program and the concept that Michigan sports is both a flagship of and a doorway to the U.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think the floodgates opened. Jerod Ward never panned out but he was a top recruit, if not THE top recruit that year. Albert White and that class. IMO Fisher wasn't necessarily very on top of things. Pretty serious retention. Post Fabs IMO few teams did less with more.

Comment

• Ward was the country's #1 recruit and Willie Mitchell, Maruice Taylor, and Maceo Baston would probably be considered 5* recruits today. Travis Conlan was a Top 100 guy. They were followed up by the class that included Traylor, Bullock, and White. Traylor and Bullock were also 5* caliber guys. White may have been in that range as well. That group won one NCAA tournament game in four years. If there has ever been more pathetic underachievement than that, I don't know what it was.

Comment

• Injuries cost Jerrod Ward a promising college career, he was an elite recruit. Mo Taylor and Baston were very highly regarded, top 20-30 overall types too. Willie Mitchell I believe was Mr. Basketball (Michigan) if I remember correctly...

Traylor, Bullock and White should've been an excellent class. The above group of players underachieved and performed much less than the sum of their parts.

Comment

• KG would have been nice.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ward was a colossal bust. So was Willie Mitchell. In addition to that class never finding any chemistry, those guys just weren't any good. Especially Mitchell.

Comment

• Please remember that they had to play in the Ellerbe/Goss era.

Nearly as bad as the Brandon/Hoke era.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              KG would have been nice.
                              One SAT test-result too late.:|

Mitchell and White both left after 1 year in A2. Ward, Mitchell, White, Traylor and Bullock were all McDonald's All-Americans. Taylor and Baston were a notch below that. I really liked White. He reminded my of a shorter Larry Johnson.

Comment

• With Caris coming back, I guess that makes Michigan officially out of the Jaylen Brown sweepstakes. That is, unless something does happen with Hatch or there's a transfer.

Comment

Working...
                                X