X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a link:

Comment

• Nice. 2016-2017 talent will be insane if Irvin stays.

Comment

• It's early in the recruiting cycle but 24/7 sports has Michigan's 2016 class ranked #1.

Comment

• Nice pickup.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Exciting news!

Any chance he is a guy that would de-commit? ... Like a Swanigan?
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Irvin is a mid 1st rounder if he sustains his mid-to-late Feb, March play next season. Better talent, NBA prospect than LeVert. That's not an insult to LeVert either...

-

2016-2017 (without Irvin)

*PG: Derrick Walton
              *SG: Tyus Battle, RAAR
              *SF: Duncan Robinson/Aubrey Dawkins
              *PF: Moritz Wagner/Kameron Chatman/DJ Wilson
              *C: Ricky Doyle, Mark Donnal, Jon Teske, Austin Davis

Comment

• Jesus what a steaming pile of meh at C. I wonder what it was about McGary that made Beilein go after him. Obviously the ball skills were pretty developed for a big, but still. Anyhow, it's on him if inside play puts a cap on the possibilities.

Still room to recruit an elite PG, but also notable is the lack of SGs going forward. But no need to recruit forwards for a bit that's for sure...

Comment

• Michigan also added Brent Hibbits to the 2015 Class, as a preferred walk-on.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oqFE65lmMM"]Brent Hibbitts Pre-Season Highlights: 2015 Hudsonville PF - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Here's an article about Hibbits, from last week. He had some MAC offers.

Hibbitts will visit Michigan on Thursday, meeting with coach John Beilein and his staff, and "get all the details" of what a walk-on role at Michigan would mean.

Comment

• So, you basketball nuts in here .... How do you see this Battle commitment?

Big deal?

No big deal?

Some are saying Michigan now has the top rated 2016 class in the country now.

Fill me in here...
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Big deal...

It shows 'some' elite talent wants to play at M, a question I had about JB and his ability to compete with Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. for recruits. He's a huge talent, not as explosive as Jaylen Brown but a great fit for JB's style...

M lost out on too many recruiting battles for elite talent to Duke, Kentucky recently, sometimes after those recruits 'blow up.' I'm thinking of Devin Booker, James Blackmon, Derryck Thornton, Luke Kennard, etc. Recruits all M 'led' for before having to settle for Aubrey Dawkins, RAAR and transfers like Duncan Robinson.

Comment

• Tyus Battle is in most ways comparable to Jaylen Brown who Committed to Cal except he can't get to the rim as well. I suspect he was waiting on Brown's decision to make his. Battle certainly has a more stable "advisor" situation than Brown, and I'll bet right now that Brown is one-and-done.

A more intriguing matter is that Battle and D. Thornton are great friends, and have talked all throughout their recruiting of playing together.

Nothing is over until it's over, but at least Duke made the cut for Battle and Thornton seems to like the Blue Devils as well.

Thornton just committed to Duke, but he is the best pure point guard out there. UM is recruiting point guards, and they should now be really pressing Thornton, if for no other reason than to make some of their other targets make a decision. Cassius Winston is logical next recruit, but if UM can pry Thornton away from Duke, it would be a coup.

As far as class rankings, I don't think they mean much in basketball. Unlike football, the best basketball class can consist of one transcendent player like Magic Johnson or Lew Alcindor. Class rankings also do not take into consideration how many years a recruit may play at the school he chooses. Michigan's Fab Five stood out because at least three of them had the opportunity to go pro out of high school. Kentucky's great classes are that way because the players are forced to play one year for free too maintain a farm system for the NBA.

Gotta get a PG or two, and we need attrition at the center position. I think Davis will reclassify to 2017.
                          Last edited by Da Geezer; May 12, 2015, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Isn't Cassius a Top 50 recruit? Sounds like an excellent "consolation prize" to me if we can keep Sparty from getting him.

Comment

• I thought the shop had sailed with Thornton. But Battle is a big deal.

Comment

• Thornton specifically reclassified to go in and fill the spot of Tyus Jones. Almost a 0% chance of anything happening there.

Comment

Working...
                                X