• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The McDonalds All-Star HS game is tonight at 7:00 on ESPN

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
      The McDonalds All-Star HS game is tonight at 7:00 on ESPN
      None of our guys are in it, though. The drought continues, though I really like our class.

Comment

• Well...damn!

Beilein is chasing another big fish!

Comment

• Keion Brooks Jr is Straight Nasty. 6'9" Wing has tremendous versatility. He has displayed the ability to shoot the 3, post up and break his man down off th...

Comment

• I'm not sure where the scholarship is going to come from but we're apparently looking at this Grad Transfer:

Michigan appears to be active in the graduate transfer market again this year. The Wolverines are recruiting South Dakota guard Matt Mooney along with a host of other high-major suitors. 

Comment

• Graduate transfer Matt Mooney has high major options

After scoring nearly 1,300 points in the past two seasons at South Dakota, Matt Mooney is going through the graduate transfer process. Who all has he met with?

Evan Daniels - 3 hours ago 2

Matt Mooney (Photo: Getty, 247Sports)
              The last five days have been hectic for South Dakota graduate transfer Matt Mooney.

Last Thursday he announced that he had received his release and would explore his transfer options. Since that day, Mooney has met with five head coaches, a pair of assistant coaches and received phone calls from countless others.

Among the head coaches Mooney, a 6-foot-3, 210-pound shooting guard, met with were Bobby Hurley, Greg McDermott, Archie Miller, Chris Beard and Dana Altman. He also met with assistants from Iowa State and TCU, plus FaceTime’d with Chris Collins.

“I took a bunch of notes from every meeting,” Mooney said. “I’m going to rank them. I have list of my priorities what I’m looking for and then rank out which school is best.”

But the meetings aren’t done. Fresh off playing in the National Championship game, John Beilein will “tentatively” meet with Mooney next Tuesday.

“I think I’m going to give Michigan a serious look,” Mooney said.

Mooney said Ohio State and Memphis have also reached out to him since he announced he may transfer.

“It’s a dead period Monday through Thursday and I have a lot of coaches that want to come out this upcoming weekend,” Mooney added. “I have decide if I want to them to come out or narrow things down.”

“I'm not sure if I'm going to take a visit this weekend or allow more coaches to come in,” he added.

In terms of Mooney’s meetings this week, it sounds like Texas Tech coach Chris Beard left a lasting impression on him.

“Honestly their head coach reminded me a lot of my previous head coach Craig Smith,” Mooney said. “In a lot of ways, they are different, but similar. He was able to get me to believe in him and what he has going on there. I feel like he believes in me and my game and I feel like they are building something special.”

What else stood out about his meetings this week?

“I really like Northwestern,” Mooney said. “I haven’t been able to sit down face to face with them. I really like coach [Dana] Altman and coach [Greg] McDermott, they are two very down to earth guys. All their players respect them and all their players have relationships with them beyond college.”

“Hurley was the first one to call and the first one to visit,” he added. “Obviously he was a great player back in his day and I feel like I could learn a lot from him.”

The next step for Mooney is to begin setting up official visits and he’s starting to develop his list and figure out who he wants to see.

“I haven’t set up any visits yet, but I’ve been texting and talking with coach [Greg] McDermott and coach [Chris] Beard and the assistant from Arizona State,” Mooney said. “I think I’ll visit those three. I think for sure I’ll visit Texas Tech. Probably Northwestern and Oregon.”

After spending his freshman season at Air Force, Mooney transferred to South Dakota, where he’s scored 1,271 points in the last two seasons. This past year, Mooney hit 76 three-pointers and averaged 18.7 points a game.

Comment

• It kind of reads to me like there will be some sort of word on Wagner and any potential transfers by Tuesday. There's already been a lot of player-movement at other schools.

Comment

• Watson + Wagner out? I don't mind that at all. Would be good to have someone to threaten to take away Poole's minutes. I wouldn't expect it to be Nunez, at least not as early as next year.

Comment

• Any potential announcements on Matthews, or is it pretty much a given that he is staying?

Comment

• Matthews would have to be pretty dead set on leaving. His draft stock is shit at the moment and he has 2 years of eligibility left. If he extends his range just a little and learns how to shoot FTs, he moves into the top 20 easily.

Comment

• A couple of mocks.....

NBAdraft.net (4/10): Mo #42
                        Espn.com (4/9 Giovanny): Mo #44
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I believe there is a chance Wagner stays. Apparently, his parents can afford to cover the risk of career-affecting injury with insurance.

Comment

• With Ibi transferring, Michigan is no longer oversigned.

Also- Iggy is playing in the Nike Hoops Summit tomorrow night. It will be on ESPN2 at 10pm.

Comment

• Scouts who've seen Iggy in practices say he's NBA 1st round potential... He should earn alot of Duncan Robinsons PT...

Ibi frees up a scholarship but MAAR will be missed more than most think. Poole maybe ready to start next season, though MAAR imo didn't receive the credit he earned. MAAR was usually the go to guy when M needed a bucket.

Comment

• MAAR forced a lot of bad shots... he was very polarizing.
                                Last edited by Kstat; April 13, 2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X